Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trip is easy to use even without the handbook. I still haven't read the instructions as they look too complicated and I can work the thing. There are three seperate trip meters which are accessed throught the left hand trip button. Two are simple counters, the third can be set to any number you want .

The clock can be set by pressing two buttons together and then using the up and down buttons. Work out which two buttons by playing, like I have to do twice a year when the clocks change (when can we stay on BST all year, bloody farmers!). Pressing the left hand clock button displays the timer function. To zero it, you have to hold the reset button down for about three seconds.

It is important to remember that whilst sitting at the lights waiting for a green, you can impress car drivers by pretending to adjust the trip meter and looking technically minded, but actually doing nothing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi, FW
Ignore the 8888 and 0000 at start up this is normal.
To reset the trip to zero press and hold the reset button (left one)untill the trip resets, may take a few seconds.
Good luck with your new @

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sOUNDS LIKE THE TRIP METER HAS "HUNG" (sorry about the cap locks, i'm drawing at work and adding notes).

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and try again. I've seen this mentioned a few times before and it happened to me after I had an ignition switch failure whilst riding along a few months back. Battery disconnection sorted it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
May be as Yen says too, but a thought just occured to me it may be when you say the trip resets and when you press the left button it reverts to showing milage, would it be possiable that what you are doing is resetting trip one and the pressing the button which shows trip 2 ?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW. The left hand button scrolls through the three different trip meters. Each trip is zeroed seperately by holding down the reset button when that trip is on the display.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Do you want a printout of the instructions ?
If so say yes, and give me a week to send the pages by email

·
Registered
552 Posts
fw 600
I have sent Instructions by email [4] had probs with Paper Port, so took them into Word, then to Outlook Express, plus PC froze. Let me know if you received them ok.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Emailed you a copy of the manual for the trip also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Hayden the only bit of the handbook i got was how to use the Trip . I don,t have a scanner to copy the handbook . I will see if i can use the photocopier in work , Unless one of the guys on here can help .fw600vj

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are you saying that you can photocopy and snail mail the tripmeter bit to me I'd be grateful for that. Anyone else got a copy of the handbook they can scan, photocopy, want to sell, lend to me whatever ??
Haydn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts