Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have bought the end weights thinking that was all I needed but after further investigation I need the parts inside the handlebars hope someone can help. My alternative is just to get the normal renthal ends which I think just fasten in. Thx in advance

·
Registered
585 Posts
Try pumping RTV silicon sealant down them, it very often cures this type of vibration. You can still use bar end weights if you want to. Regarding fixing them any expanding bolt will do (Rawlbolt) as long as it fits in the bars. Also you could try a rubber bush that's a tight fit inside the bar. Pass the fixing screw/bolt through the weight and the rubber bush then a washer then a nut (your probably looking at M6). Push the bush etc into the bar end and tighten the screw/bolt. As it tightens the rubber will compress and expand inside the bar and you should have a secure end weight.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try pumping RTV silicon sealant down them, it very often cures this type of vibration. You can still use bar end weights if you want to. Regarding fixing them any expanding bolt will do (Rawlbolt) as long as it fits in the bars. Also you could try a rubber bush that's a tight fit inside the bar. Pass the fixing screw/bolt through the weight and the rubber bush then a washer then a nut (your probably looking at M6). Push the bush etc into the bar end and tighten the screw/bolt. As it tightens the rubber will compress and expand inside the bar and you should have a secure end weight.

Not to bothered about vibration as to be honest I have not noticed any I just needed a way to fasten the bar end metal things so will try your idea thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts