Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey chaps,

Is 35mm TT or AQ the hightest I can go with my handle bars, seems still a little low... I'm planning on doing lots of standing....

cheers Matt

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
The max is 25 mm or you'll have to redo all the cables and the brake lines

I have 25mm on mine and they are fine - I am 6ft but have short legs 31" inside leg and long body and long arms

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I have fork slugs made that raise the front, I don't have a speedo cable as I have a digital speedo and the front brake hose was already slightly longer thankfully. These give around 75mm lift at the front. PM me if you want further details. The U bracket in the picture it to raise the rear by around 40mm.

image.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey Jason,
I have your kit fitted and its great I now need to jump on the bike, but the handle bars and foot pegs are still in the same position... and its all a bit small, hense wanting to raise the bars when standing ..

Paul thanks but I already have longer brake pipes only my speedo might be a problem..

cheers

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
hey Jason,
I have your kit fitted and its great I now need to jump on the bike, but the handle bars and foot pegs are still in the same position... and its all a bit small, hense wanting to raise the bars when standing ..

Paul thanks but I already have longer brake pipes only my speedo might be a problem..

cheers
Sorry, I should have remembered that you have them doh!! So it's really the distance between the bars and pegs then that's the issue? There have been threads on lowering the pegs in the past, not read them in any detail as I'm not tall enough!!

Look forward to hearing if you find a solution.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries Jason, I sent you a mail regarding them...

So time waits for no-one, I've just ordered lower pegs from motobau just hope they deliver soonish.. now need handle bar raisers, 35 mm plus from TT or AQ's anyone else worth looking at ..

cheers
Matt

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
No worries Jason, I sent you a mail regarding them...

So time waits for no-one, I've just ordered lower pegs from motobau just hope they deliver soonish.. now need handle bar raisers, 35 mm plus from TT or AQ's anyone else worth looking at ..

cheers
Matt
Hi Matt,

Whether AQ or TT they are all much the same unless you go for Rox Risers, have you seen them, not used them myself so can't vouch for them but others have and they look very good.

Cheers

Jas

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Rox risers, you can choose between 22mm or larger bar diameters.

image.jpg

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
+1 on the Rox Risers - I have the 2" lift on mine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys,

just the topic i need - i am 193, thats probably 6.3ft .. I raised my handlebar for 30mm, which is probably the max I can get without messing with the cables (and i have stainless brake lines, so not much stretch left there), and also handlebar height now is really comfortable now while driving on the road/touring.

However, while offroad, I do miss 2-3 centimeters to be comfortable - I struggle while standing, especially uphill, and my riding position is far from comfortable, since i have to lean quite a bit to the front since my arms are fully stretched. This results in pain in my muscles after "heavy" uphill riding

So basically ive come to a conclusion that I need to lower my footpegs, but I havent found not one solution in a normal price range (100-150euro for lower pegs is off limits for me - I paid 20 euros for normal, wide cross pegs!). The only normal priced pegs I found is Heavyduties, but they dont make them anymore .. So, does somebody have another cheap solution? Maybe a bracket or something?

Thanks!

Jaka

1 - 14 of 14 Posts