Honda XRV Forum banner
660 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Machiru 
#1 ·
Looking to replace my handlebar grips but they are heated on my Africa Twin. What make would you recommend?

#2 ·
I fitted official Honda heated grips to my RD07A about five years ago and they're still working: I tested them this morning during a cold run to my Honda dealer. However, they were expensive then, so God knows how much they are now. But they work well, so I suppose you pays your money...... Incidentally, I wrote a thread in the "How to" Section (page 2) titled "Honda Heated Grips" explaining how I wired them up via a relay, rather than direct from the stop light power supply by the front brake lever. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I have stuck with the standard Honda grips on my rebuilds they work well. If you want heated grips again have a look at the symtec heater elements (Adventure Spec £60). They mount to the bars and you can fit your grip of choice over them. Simple lo/hi switch. they work really well summer gloves for me all year (commuting). You need a little wiring knowledge to fit them.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.