Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a solution to the handlebar height on the RDo2 ? I find mine very low and difficult to use especially when standing on the pegs, i have loosened them and pushed them up a little which is slightly better but causes the engine to race slightly on full lock so not ideal. I like the look of Renthals but really would like to keep the bike as standard as possible, even if the originals are a little rusty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know what you mean, the bars are way to low for me too.
Do a search for handlebar risers there are loads of options.
I installed pro-taper clamps/risers with their braceless fat bars, I like the look of them.

Renthals do look more like the standard dommie bars, they come in different shapes to suit your requirements,
you could choose a high bend set of renthals and pair them with a set of bar risers for max lift.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmm, I guess it depends how much rise you're after. I only needed an inch or so . . .
My stock cables were plenty long enough. I added around a couple of inches of rise with high bend protaper bars and fat bar riser clamps.
But, I also dropped the triple clamps down the fork legs (to quicken up the steering) so that tweak probably introduced a little more slack to my control cables.
When you say you "pushed them up a little" do you mean that you rotated them forward in their clamps? Were the throttle cables pulled tight? Were they kinked or caught on anything?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that's exactly what i did, i also dropped the forks by an inch some time ago so i should now check for pinching and so on around the cables. I will check it in the morning, found the pro taper stuff and like the look of it, it's nice to know someone has done it already before committing so thanks for that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have 30mm risers on mine, normal handlebars, much nicer
They're not quite the right ones, but, fit and work fine
All cables etc are fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts