Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was yesterday actually, but I was sulking then about getting older (now 42) :cry: Woke up this morning to realise I'm exactly the same as I was at 41, so was a lot happier :D

Anywho off paint balling on Saturday with a gang of mates as way of a celebration of a couple of close together birthdays. Any tips as to tactics??? :? I've already enquired about a tank, but apparently they don't allow them :wink:

Everybody sing; "Oh oh oh oh camouflage, thing are never quite the way they seem. Oh oh oh oh camouflage, he was an awfully big marine" (or something like that)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Happy Birthday!

Never been paintballing, but my advice would be to hide so no-one finds you and occasionally snipe at people.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Happy birthday.
Never been paintballing either but I understand that when the pellets hit you they hurt, so wear plenty of padded clothing and keep the goggles firmly on. You want to be 43, after all.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Happy b'day dude, 42 huh that's like pretty old innit :mrgreen:

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Happy Birthday Guv!

Paintballing tactics. Hmmmmm, conserve your ammo 'cos those little balls cost a fortune and you go through them so quickly if you're a "loose cannon"!

Flank the enemy, ideally without them noticing. I played for the first time about 2 months ago. Did a lone sniper flanking manouvre, concealed myself in the undergrowth and watched 3 bad guys sneak past me within about 6 feet. Waited for them to clear then quietly stood up and shot them all cleanly, one shot apiece in the back of their heads. Sweet.

Great fun actually, I'd never been that fussed to bother before, but I really enjoyed it. Absolutley knackering though. Makes you realise how unfit you really are!

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
i went a few weeks ago - my take on the tactical front was to run full pelt down the middle of the play area shooting anyone i saw as i figured that no one on the opposition side would expect anyone to be that daft!!! :roll:

they didn't for about 20 seconds so i took out about 10 of 'em then they cottened on and shot the sh*t out of me!! i looked like an accident at the dulux factory when they had finished! :lol: :roll:

oh the bruises!!

wear two jumpers and two pairs of tracksuit bottoms and you'll be fine!

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
42 !!! another bloody puppy if you ask me :lol:

Paintballing, cricketer's box sounds like a good idea :shock:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
happy birthday dude :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion4: :eek:ccasion4:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys :D :D So far I've gathered lots of layers, a cricket box, and hide. Hmm not sounding like a barrel of laughs so far :?

Actually, I'm quite looking forward to it, I'd make a good John Wayne from the Green Berets :D Bit I'm most looking forward too though is the closing scene from Ice cold in Alice :D :D :D

I'll post a brief summary afterwards, always assuming I can still type :shock:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Many happy returns old chum :wink:

Think Arnold Schawzeneger in Commando - show no mercy and shoot anything that moves - its a top laugh :lol:

If you do any flying dives into cover - watch where you land - cold dirty ditchwater is no fun :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts