Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry there will be no Easter Bunny this Year:

And here is an Honda CB400N that has been rebuilt using taste (IMHO) more than dollars.
I'm showing it here because it's Easter Yellow, and it's a Honda.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Looks like a really nice specimen, Kjell, and tastefully renovated :thumbup:. About my height, too. :color: I've sat on a CB400 and liked it, but was worried about availability of parts and lack of luggage carrying capacity. I don't suppose this one is for sale, and in any case it probably only speaks Swedish? ;).

But you should be shot for The bunny pic. :rolleyes:

Oh and Happy Easter one and all. :blob7:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shot? I was shot in 1981, and do not care to experience that again. :(

The Yellow bike was sold in a jiff. But if You look at the pictures You'll see that it would be very easy to build an exact copy.

Availability of parts for a Honda? I would say that out of all Japan bikes, Honda is the one with the best availability of parts bar none!

In fact I will never ever again buy a Yamaha! I have a 2004 now, and have problems buying some parts, and I can not buy parts from US through my Yamaha dealer. With Honda, there is no problem with that.

Suzuki is not to bad on models that were produced in large numbers, but the special models are a bit tricky to find parts for.
Kawasaki is just a bit worse than Suzuki.

No, if one is to buy an older Japan bike, and are worried about finding spare parts, best advice is to get a Honda!

Here in Sweden the 4-sale ads on the net is full of CB250/400N and CB650. Unloved, uncherished, used for daily commuting.
Prices for basically sound examples starts at 600£ for a 250cc, 750£ for the 400cc and 1 000£ for the 650cc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts