Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems no-one else was going to say it! Nothing wrong with a little appropriate patriotism. Enjoy!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Last year this seemed more of an issue with calls to have a public holiday

This year is like normal with very minimal activity - a local company gave all it's staff the day off last year and is having a bigger function this year, so much so that the local council is looking to take this to a higher state next year

Shame the rest of Britain does not push the boat out like they do on St Paddy's day etc.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
St Davids Day is fairly well celebrated in Wales with Dafodils and little children running around in the Welsh National Dress

How lovely! What a shame they don't do something similar for St. Georges day? Perhaps the thought of lots of Dragons and sword wealding knights in the streets is too much for the authorities to handle!!

Happy St. Georges day everyone.

:sunny:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
WE are English, stiff upper lip and all that.
Would not do to go around celebrating now would it?
We only invent the rules we do not follow them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Happy St Georges day one and all :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

I have been wearing Red and White all day even went for a pint of Bombardier at lunch time :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

About The Beer - Wells Bombardier

The reason we dont celebrate as much as we should is coz some do gooder would call us racists, through fear we might offend our immigrant cousins.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have a Great British Day :thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Happy St Georges day one and all :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

Have a Great British Day :thumbup:
Sorry Frad, you mean a great English day, surely? " British "includes all of us in the UK. England is only a part of Britain.

But I hope you enjoyed your day anyway.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sorry Frad, you mean a great English day, surely? " British "includes all of us in the UK. England is only a part of Britain.

But I hope you enjoyed your day anyway.
I stand corrected :thumbright:

but we carry the others anyway :D:D:D

:bom::bom::bom::bom::bom:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ha ha! Happy St George's day to all English people from up here in the Highlands of Scotland. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

St Andrews day is not really well celebrated up here either, and St Patrick's day just seems to be used as an excuse to get drunk in Irish bars?

I have no issues with these days being celebrated and I think there's nothing wrong with a bit of patriotism where it's due.

As for the "carrying" comment, well, your English government would have bankrupted this whole country if it wasn't for the Scottish oil revenues!

Enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And which bank was it that almost bankrupted the Government?

(Yeah, okay there were a couple!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts