Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to have a 1999 reg XL1000v a few years ago, and don't remember the seat being anywhere near as uncomfortable as it is on my XL1000va-5. I went out the other day and did about 70 miles or so, and found it really hard going on the nether regions. Anyone got any tips on how to reduce the aches apart from replacing the seat for a more comfortable one?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I got the same problem and same V5 .
I bought a Corbin seat from a guy here , it's better but not prefect , I might get my original seat re-foamed with a softer material and get a new cover from eBay for it as that seems a cheaper way of doing things.
In the meen time you could try a sheep skin or airhawk.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Airhawk.

You might even find a 2nd hand one from a nonbeliever if you are lucky..! ;-) Just don't put much air in it.

Reactions: oldman59

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
a piggy back from a sheep with long travel legs and a 1000cc v twin belly is the most comfortable spin you will ever have in your life :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a piggy back from a sheep with long travel legs and a 1000cc v twin belly is the most comfortable spin you will ever have in your life :lol:
There are loads of sheep round here, but the farmer might get the wrong idea if he caught me 'riding' one :blob7:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Softened up the rear suspension in the hope it will help when going over the bumps and make the journey a bit easier

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinking about a sheepskin pad for the seat it should be reasonably cheap, but how do you keep it on the saddle?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Thinking about a sheepskin pad for the seat it should be reasonably cheap, but how do you keep it on the saddle?
buy a rug with long hair and use white string to tie it down all around with the string will disappear into the hair becoming invisible :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I sewn a strip of elastic that slips over the front of the seat ,and use a small bungee for the back

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Velcro does the trick until the weather gets hot, then the glue melts and makes a fcukin mess everywhere:blob8:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts