Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TA 600 sometimes jumps out of 2nd gear under accelleration. I think the problem is worn gear selector forks

ie these (not my pic)

0ca13924.jpg

has anyone here ever dismantled their transalp gearbox to change these selectors? if so, how easy is it to do this? is it the right hand side of the engine? do you have to remove the clutch? do you need any special tools? etc etc

thanks all

·
Registered
897 Posts
Not worked on a transalp gearbox myself, it could be a selector fork problem but it could be wear across several components and not least of all the driving dogs. just my opinion.
Hopefully someone will be along who has experiance of the box.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Its not a job you can do with the engine in place through a side cover, you have to take the engine out everything off, barrels etc.
Then split the cases and fit new selector forks.
Not that simple a job.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, i've no garage, and it's my only bike, so I need it for day to day transport.

It will last another few years until the London emissions rules kibosh it, then I will get a CRF250L

·
Registered
897 Posts
Nah, i've no garage, and it's my only bike, so I need it for day to day transport.

It will last another few years until the London emissions rules kibosh it, then I will get a CRF250L
That's fair enough, its no good starting a job like that without a decent workplace and tackle.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
That's fair enough, its no good starting a job like that without a decent workplace and tackle.

and most importantly know how . I got a lift to a rally years ago when my bike was off the road from a mad man on a cb 650 that he had re built the engine of himself in his back yard that day . the exhaust wasn't sealing up properly and I suspect the timing was a bit off . it was farting and banging and back firing and he was moving on too I was never more frightened in all my life I was full sure it was going to blow up like an atom bomb leaving a huge big crater in the road and bits of us hanging out of the trees and scatter across the fields . I was never as glad for a journey to end in all my life . I think I have post traumatic stress disorder from it :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
and most importantly know how . I got a lift to a rally years ago when my bike was off the road from a mad man on a cb 650 :D
Please please alias temper your language, surely there ain't no mad men who ride bikes :lol::lol::lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts