Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....that are on the side panels?

Just wondered. According to the TA700 brochure, those are the co-ordinates of the highest paved road in Europe, which is in France according my Garmin Zumo.

Just curious. Photos would be appreciated!

J

Reactions: alias

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going really well, Sharribee. My son really loves it and Mrs J has taken rather a shine to it as well. I must say that I enjoy riding it too.

My only gripe with it is the weight, it's the same weight as the R1200GS. But other than that it's a very capable machine. It's a bugger to get up onto the centre stand though.

But all in all a very comfortable bike and I would recommend one.

How's the knee, by the way?

J

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
It's going really well, Sharribee. My son really loves it and Mrs J has taken rather a shine to it as well. I must say that I enjoy riding it too.

My only gripe with it is the weight, it's the same weight as the R1200GS. But other than that it's a very capable machine. It's a bugger to get up onto the centre stand though.

But all in all a very comfortable bike and I would recommend one.

How's the knee, by the way?

J
I did notice the weight when i looked at it although it is a bit shorter so I imagine easier to manage.

Knee is very very slow, I have been off work for over 4 months now and it's driving me nuts. Hoping to go back on light duties next week but it will be up to occi health they may say no as I still can't manage stairs easily. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, I´ve been there for over a month ago.
I live at north of sweden(near the arctic circle), so there where a long trip just riding thrue the sweden(1500kms one way to south of sweden)

All pics of the trip. Sorry for the swedis text, but the pics are in english :p
http://www.saarela.se/aktuellt/aktuelltbild08/080629.html

10 days ride and 8000kms, rode only small roads in south of europe. The TA went out as a very good travelpal.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I live at north of sweden(near the arctic circle), so there where a long trip just riding thrue the sweden(1500kms one way to south of sweden)

10 days ride and 8000kms, rode only small roads in south of europe. The TA went out as a very good travelpal.
Gawd damn it there's always one int ther !!!! :D:D:D

Mate cool pics on the website - looks fantastic :thumbright:

·
On yer bike!
101 Posts
Here's the GPS location on google maps.

(Or put +44° 19' 24.53", +6° 48' 22.33" into the search box at google maps).

In one of the google photos you can see the big rock that's also in your photo.:thumbup:

J.

·
On yer bike!
101 Posts
Here is another interesting view a mile or so from the TA700 GPS coordinate ... you can travel the route with a 360 degree view.

Also, the terrain view (here) indicates that the GPS coordinate is ~2800 meter above sea level.

I love google maps .. :blob:

·
TA700
70 Posts

That is so cool man, and great pictures !

its always nice to see people travelling all Europe with the same bike like yours...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank´s guys!
Funny is, that the positions +44° 19' 24.53", +6° 48' 22.33 is not right. You have to ride about 100-200 metres if you want to hit the highest point.
Wonder what Honda was doing when they printed the positions on the panels? :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is a long dead thread but I was wondering

A, has anyone done this since this thread?
B, is the road to and from gravel or tarmac?
C, how achievable is it on normal road tyres?
D, why doesn't every ta 700 owner want to give it a go?

Surely this must be a sort of holy grail or Stella alpine solely for transalpers, it's got me thinking, it's just over 500 miles from calling and could be a nice circular rout via the ardennes, eifel, vosges and a bit of the alps then back through France

Cheers,

Paul

Reactions: alias

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yep, me and the Transalp were there in August midway through a 3000 miles + trip around Europe. No need for off road tyres to reach the summit.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Nockoff,

Thanks for the reply, looks like a good surface where you are parked, if a VFR can get there it must be a good surface.

Another one for my wish list :D

I'm looking at a trip this year and had sort of decided on the Harz Mountains but may change my mind now.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
300 Posts
You will have no trouble getting to the top on a bike. When I was there I was chatting to a bloke next to his Motorhome.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Nickoff,

Excellent, I need some map time but starting to hatch a plan.

Regards,

Paul

Reactions: nickoff

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
Viewed from a 650.

B, is the road to and from gravel or tarmac?
Here's the 4/8/2015 view of the Col De La Bonnet road going up ...

And coming down ...

And there are lots of other roads and high passes to explore and enjoy fun&games riding upon ... think I'll start planning another jaunt to those parts !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts