Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no post, but I'm still on my '96 TA600, although it now has a TDM as a roomie.

The Transalp is now my off-the-beaten-track bike and I' thinking of giving it a new lease of life.

One part will be the suspension.

I'm looking for replacement shock recommendations as well as any fork upgrades.

In the case of forks, I'm interested either internals or even replcing the front end with a 21" wheel and fork option. In that case, I'd gladly look at upside down forks.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Hyperpro springs and oil in the front forks and a Hagon on the rear, totally transformed the handling.

The stock springs are just too soft and the bike was poor and sloppy as a result.

Now it handles like a dream.

de-Smiffy.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll see what they offer for the 600.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A member of few words! ;)

Thanks for the links: will have a read.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not meaning to derail this thread but @de-Smiffy if you don't mind me asking - which rear shock did you get fitted and do you ride much on the trail? If so how do you find the hyperpro springs on the XL700? :) Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

The rear shock is a Hagon, it was built to my specification ie my weight, passenger and luggage and adjustable to compensate for solo or two up loaded. All Hagon shocks are built this way and can be reworked if things change. The build quality is great and the folks at Hagon are great too.

The front springs are Hyperpro, they too are really good and are proressive, so significantly better.

I didn't realise that Hagon did front springs at the time, but the Hyperpro are great, just a little more costly.

Rarely venture off road, but the suspension is a vast improvement over the very bouncy stock shocks so I would recommend either Hagon or Hyperpro dependant on your buget, but the Hagon shocks are really well built and less expensive.

When it has been off road solo with no luggage, the uprated shocks cope very much better, but I would really need more off road biased tyres to really coment.

de-Smiffy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

The rear shock is a Hagon, it was built to my specification ie my weight, passenger and luggage and adjustable to compensate for solo or two up loaded. All Hagon shocks are built this way and can be reworked if things change. The build quality is great and the folks at Hagon are great too.

The front springs are Hyperpro, they too are really good and are proressive, so significantly better.

I didn't realise that Hagon did front springs at the time, but the Hyperpro are great, just a little more costly.

Rarely venture off road, but the suspension is a vast improvement over the very bouncy stock shocks so I would recommend either Hagon or Hyperpro dependant on your buget, but the Hagon shocks are really well built and less expensive.

When it has been off road solo with no luggage, the uprated shocks cope very much better, but I would really need more off road biased tyres to really coment.

de-Smiffy.

I don't particularly want to change out the whole rear shock as they start at about £500 for ones with adjustable damping but a new spring set is around £200-250 from hyperpro (front and rear) so am considering putting that in. I'm not sure that hyperpro on just the front is a great idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts