Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not as tatty XR owner
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Here's a little story: A while ago, after I had had the bike for a little while, I thought about moving the position of my gearchange lever, however, it wouldn't come all the way off the spline. It appeared to be fouled by the footpeg mount itself. Now I've had the chance to strip the whole bike down for a little renovation/tlc (leaking hermatite gasket blowing engine oil over everything, and a stripped gearchange lever which I must have trod on hard when I made funny shapes before falling off last week), I thought I would measure up the mount and show you guys.

This is taken from directly above, and shows a rough dimension from inside edge of frame tube to footpeg hole position.

On this next one, I've dimensioned it from the bottom of the bottom of the curved piece, as this had a square face.

It wouldn't surprise me, as I believe the sidestand mount is not standard, so it has been molested with in the past.

Please advise.:thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm due some time with mine over the next couple of days - I'll check it against your pics and come back to you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks like it has been repaired to me. My side stand was done by someone with a stick welder and a picture of pigeon pooh as a guide......

As a coded welded it played on mind somewhat until in the end I cut it off and repaired it correctly..... :toothy10:

·
Not as tatty XR owner
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers WSN03 for the pics.

As a guide, I bought another footpeg off ebay for a tenner (original once was a bit mangled) and put it on. Peg faced was about 20 degrees above horizontal. Frame has taken a knock and dented a spar, but to be honest that's just superficial and can be filled with weld.

Borrowed my dads angle grinder and managed to grind it off this evening. Grinding and bashing and bashing and grinding. I will clean the frame and the peg mount before getting it welded back on level.

Cheers guys.

·
Not as tatty XR owner
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I should take a couple then, lol.

·
Not as tatty XR owner
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For all future references, I will continue the story of the amazing hacked off footpeg mount in the "My xr thread" thread.

That is all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts