Honda XRV Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ds30 
#1 ·
So, my insurance is up for renewal in February and Hasting's have written to me to tell me they will no longer insure me. I just called them and was explained the underwriter, Advantage, is no longer insuring bikes for commuting in London.

Seriously WTF! I have been with these guys for two years and never had to call them. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

#2 ·
Ditto....? ? After six years of claim free insurance with Hastings i am awaiting renewal ? but instead i get a letter stating to do a search online as they will not be renewing my policy...Recommended Go-compare and Confused.com...both come up with 38 choices....phoned Hasting's but no answers given on WHY ?...I am in Essex so very close to London..so that may be an answer....So if any body else is with them...get checking...I had previously phoned them asking why my old Transalp XL600v had disappeared from my account details when i was looking for any renewal details...Also the bike has just hit 20th birthday...Sainsbury's don't like cars over 10 year old.....or maybe just don't like old men on motorbikes...An older work buddy had massive increase in car insurance when he hit the big 60 WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS...but so far they have missed me ! Incidentally the only company's that didn't quote online were Hasting's, Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph, and BMW...Gone with .... Motorcycles Direct " GOLD " policy...more cover and a better price...but " none " offered a no excess policy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.