Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...how can an 18 year old from Nottingham sound so raw, so mature, and merge the Clash with Donovan???. I have mostly been listening to... Jake Bugg. Sadly gigs all sold out :(:("""

Reactions: Mervinh

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
good isn,t he Lulu, what a refreshing change from the crap turned out by these TV programs

Reactions: Lulu

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
good isn,t he Lulu, what a refreshing change from the crap turned out by these TV programs
My thoughts exactly Merv. More talent in his little finger (IMHO) than Simon Cowell may have entountered in his entire lifetime. Just hope the hype doesn't swallow him up...

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
there are still tickets for plymouth in october i see

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are still tickets for plymouth in october i see
hmmmm. a bit far from here, but might be worth a trip if I can fix it with work....

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sounds good, & he plays an instrument too !

Good to see & hear as Lulu states raw talent from Nottingham, think his cd will be soon joining my collection very soon.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Let's all go to see him....

I'm guessing that due to the average age of the audience, we'll have to book the balcony from the Muppets....:D

He IS good though eh? :thumbright:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good, & he plays an instrument too !

Good to see & hear as Lulu states raw talent from Nottingham, think his cd will be soon joining my collection very soon.
And writes his own songs too. The cd is excellent (IMHO).

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wow! Thanks for posting this up Lulu.... I agree, he's a real talent - I enjoyed listening :D

:sunny:

Reactions: Lulu

·
Registered
942 Posts
another bunch of young musicians worth checking out are the strypes,think very early r'n'r type beatles,kinks,them sort of thing,
they recently did a session on 6music, they rock and still only 15 - 16 years old,
maybe someone cleverer than me could put a link up ,

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's all go to see him....

I'm guessing that due to the average age of the audience, we'll have to book the balcony from the Muppets....:D

He IS good though eh? :thumbright:
Love the idea of an XRV outing to see him :thumbup:. Tickets are like gold dust though. Am teaching all day so no time to search, but will have a look this evening and see whether there is any possibility...you could be right about the Muppets, though, Kev... :D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another bunch of young musicians worth checking out are the strypes,think very early r'n'r type beatles,kinks,them sort of thing,
they recently did a session on 6music, they rock and still only 15 - 16 years old,
maybe someone cleverer than me could put a link up ,
Don't have time right now nick, but if nobody beats me to it, will see what I can do this evening :thumbup:

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
ok lulu,i'll have a crack at it myself,this usually results in a little box with a red cross but maybe i'll get it right this time
BBC Radio 6 Music - 6 Music Live at Maida Vale, February 2013, The Strypes live from Maida Vale, The Strypes - 6 Music Live Highlights
Mmmm not so sure about these guys - bit like 6th Form noise with guitarists off on their own thing and a singer who is not quite there. Jake Bugg can really ding and play and his sound seems old school bug has a freshness to it which brings it smack up to date.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mmmm not so sure about these guys - bit like 6th Form noise with guitarists off on their own thing and a singer who is not quite there. Jake Bugg can really ding and play and his sound seems old school bug has a freshness to it which brings it smack up to date.
Possibly a bit harsh. on the Strypes. A bit too manic for me at the (ahem - tender) age of - shall we say 21 again? :rolleyes: - but still refreshing in contrast to the manufactured c**p that gets into the charts. Could go far ...I'm sure that if I were 18 again I'd find them exciting. Six music is a fairly reliable barometer. But Jake Bugg somehow appeals despite my (advanced :rolleyes:) age....I guess musical taste is a very personal thing, but nice to be exposed to something different than that which we're fed by the likes of Simon Cowell et al. :thumbup:

·
Registered
942 Posts
well said lulu,whether its your cup of tea or not i find it very encouraging that young kids are actually learning how to play and write songs,and go down the traditional route of honing their craft by playing live performances ,building a fan base instead of jumping on the instant fame x factor bandwagon,
its been a while since a new talent has caught my ear but i think jake and the strypes have got something,hopefully kids like them can get the music biz back on track,think weve all heard enough of simon cowells rubbish

1 - 16 of 16 Posts