Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Plodder
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my 99 vara three years ago for £2100.

I spent a fair bit on it, added crash bars, panniers, top box, new hagon shock, 12v sockets and some minor things like light bulb upgrades and smaller bendy indicators. - overall probably about 400 quids worth.

I added 15k miles over the years, and then last week I went and px'ed it at the dealers who I'd bought it from, they gave me book price on the px so I was happy with that, you expect to lose a few hundred quid over the years.

But today, I've just looked on the dealers website and they've put it up for sale at almost £400 more than I paid for it three years ago!

I know prices on used bikes were holding firm, but an increase just seems a bit much to me.

·
Plodder
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worst thing though......... they took my xrv.org stickers off!:(

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That should be reported, that is a bigger crime than putting the price up.
They may have got the price if they had kept the stickers on.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I would guess due to turnover of stock being relatively slow the need to add on and make as much as posible is higher in bikes than say car dealers. Does make you wonder why you couldnt have sold it a the dealer price yourself mind, but it never works out like that hey.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Outrage!

Now about this dealer, sir. Do you remember if he wore a tricorn hat? An eye-mask? Was he carrying a flint-lock pistol by any chance? Any sign of a strikingly handsome black horse near the dealership?

I think we may be on to him... :(

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sounds like you've been seen off Pete.
What did you px it for?
Are you happy with that part of the deal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts