1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ash is Out

Hi All,

Sadly I’ve got to pull out of TLD 2010.

As some of you know I work as an entertainer for the Armed Forces, here in Germany. Just lately they’ve been so busy overseas, they haven’t been around to party like normal. I had to look for a part time job for some extra income and more importantly so I can get medical & dental insurance, saving me over £400.00 a month in private insurance fees. No NHS on the continent, it may not be the best service in the world, but at least it’s “free(ish)”

I have a job lined up as a part time ambulance driver, however I have to be a qualified junior medic before I can start. On the 7th June I begin my 6 week course with the German Red Cross. I intended to play truant on Friday18th June ie. The TLD weekend, then sprint back on the Sunday to be back in class first thing Monday morning. I’ve just received the course timetable only to find out that 2nd Friday is a complete day of testing and can’t be missed. There is an exam at the end of each 2nd week. I did telephone them and tried the “doing it for charity” card, but if I miss that day I will have to wait until the October course to sit the exam and then, assuming I pass, and a place is available re-start where I left off.

I have no other option but to make this sh1t decision.

Believe me I’m totally gutted & well pi55ed off, but needs must etc.

Snaphappy will be bringing all of the replacement t-shirts with him.

Hopefully we can all meet up for a weekend Dambusters run, possibly in September.

Wishing you all the best and God speed

Ash

Ps. On the up side, I’ll be home for my 23rd wedding anniversary.:eek:
PPs On the downside, I’ve just forked out £450.00 to have the Pan serviced in plenty time for TLD:(

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Re: Ash is Out

Ash thats a real shame because I know how commited you were and are to TLD, but as you say needs must buddy, so good luck with the course, and if they have anymore vacancies let me know, as the mortgage market over here, is in dire straits, so I am looking myself. Thanks for all that you have done so far, and my very best wishes. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

Bad luck.
But your livelihood comes first.
Good Luck with the course and Job.:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

+2 on what GOG007 said

Gutted for you after all that you have done

You'll be with us in spirit

See you soon

Paul

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still totally gutted:( To add insult to injury, on Monday I turned down a big gig on the 19th June so I could do TLD. I rang the client this afternoon to see if it was still on... hoping to soften the blow and make some money, only to hear they signed a contract elsewhere, ............ yesterday.:(

sh1t happens.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

You have now upset Nick as he will have to make the journey without having you to talk to, what will he do for all that time?

·
Registered
48 Posts

Damn :-( Man, the Gods are really testing you. But as said earlier by others, no mun (money) no fun. You need to consider earnings first. And rest assured, next year will come :) And just think of all the rain you will avoid here in Ireland. Best of luck with course,exams. Am not going on TLD but I will make it my business to see you guys in Dingle (I believe ?) on the last day.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

gutting mate,seeing as you've put so much work into TLD this year.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

thats pretty crap... but need must and all that

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

Ash,

Why dont left on the Friday after your course!!!!!!!

I am sure you could make the start for 4am :D

then do the run, and return as you planned.........................!!!!!!!!!!!

only jokin......!!!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

that is such a shame ash as you have been one of the big contributors to this years event and deserved to be there....

but like you say sh$t happens.. hopefully it will payback later for you:thumbup:

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts

Ash I know how you feel mate its a bummer. but just think how worked up you will be for next years run i'm already counting down :D 381 days and counting :thumbup:

·
Brrrummm!
317 Posts
MarkR Change of Plans

Unfortunately I will not be able to join all on this year's The Longest Day as my eldest son, at short notice is visiting us here in the UK from the USA only for a week over the weekend of the ride and my four days away would mean that I would not get much time with him before he goes off the New Zealand for a year with his wife. Parental forces are at work and it will be a family reunion.

I have paid up all dues and do not want or expect any refunds. My ferry crossing (HH-Dub) was an independent one. My bed in the 6-Man room can be reallocated to someone else and my return journey on the Monday (Ross-Fish) is now spare and can be offered to someone else.

The first Orange County Choppers T-Shirt and Book eBay auction has produced 41GBP for Help For Heroes and I have two more to go to auction, June and July.

Again many thanks for all the committee's efforts.
Ride safe.
Mark
No.18

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Re: MarkR Change of Plans

no worries Mark I would do the same .. see you at the national :toothy1:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Re: MarkR Change of Plans