Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. where the headmster of a secondary school, full of 12 to 18 year olds, feels the necessity to write to parents to remind them that when the sun is shining and it's warm, it's very important your child drinks water and perhaps doesnt wear their school jumper under their blazer ... you know, maybe just wear their shirt and tie and blazer and leave off the jumper, because, well, because it's hot.

That's the content of my daughters schools weekly letter to the parents this week.

I despair.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
.. where the headmster of a secondary school, full of 12 to 18 year olds, feels the necessity to write to parents to remind them that when the sun is shining and it's warm, it's very important your child drinks water and perhaps doesnt wear their school jumper under their blazer ... you know, maybe just wear their shirt and tie and blazer and leave off the jumper, because, well, because it's hot.

That's the content of my daughters schools weekly letter to the parents this week.

I despair.
It wasnt sent to any other parents - only sent to you....

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
YEAH they have also seen the state of that ****in bike, another letters on its way:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bloody nanny state gone MAD !!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEAH they have also seen the state of that ****in bike, another letters on its way:D:D:D:D
Oi. That bike was bloody immaculate when it left my house.

I can only think it was dragged through all sorts of skanky country lanes on the back of that trailer before it got to your medical centre.

:rolleyes:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bloody nanny state gone MAD !!
Yep. No doubt about it. Probably tryign to cover themselves in the event of some girl faints, and the parents sue, and the school says it was dehydration, and the parents say well it was YOUR fault my daughter was dyhydrated because YOU never told ME I had to give my daughter water when it was hot !!!!!!!!!! Fecking insanity.

Probably :toothy1:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Was it written or in the form of a picture book, after all some people have difficulty reading and much enjoy looking at pictures.

·
Varadero Explorer
237 Posts

I despair.
Sounds like the nanny state gone mad!! :D

Look at it from the other side though...I teach in a secondary school. We had our annual sports day last week when 800 11-18 year olds were either running/jumping etc or sat on the field cheering others on.
Next day, friday, we had 7 (seven) phone calls from irate parents complaining that their children weren't advised to bring sun protection and extra drinks. :toothy2:

You just can't win these days :confused:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Next day, friday, we had 7 (seven) phone calls from irate parents complaining that their children weren't advised to bring sun protection and extra drinks. :toothy2:

I know I shouldn't say it, but, 'HOW FECKING DIM ARE THEY, PROBABLY NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH TO LOOK AFTER KIDS, BUT KNOW DAMM WELL HOW THEY ARE MADE' :rolleyes:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds like the nanny state gone mad!! :D

Look at it from the other side though...I teach in a secondary school. We had our annual sports day last week when 800 11-18 year olds were either running/jumping etc or sat on the field cheering others on.

Thats up too the PARENTS, not the school !! When are people going to take responsability for their own kids, geez it makes me sick.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I know I shouldn't say it, but, 'HOW FECKING DIM ARE THEY, PROBABLY NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH TO LOOK AFTER KIDS, BUT KNOW DAMM WELL HOW THEY ARE MADE' :rolleyes:
Not exactly, they have some fun and a kid comes along, they then go to a clinic and get told what they did. They then sue the government (claim benefit) for not telling them to take precautions.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Unfortunately, there are many parents who have no idea. They did not plan parenthood, study it, read any books, listen to any health advice or possibly even talk to their own parents about it.

Then there are those who forget, are too busy, or can't cope.

I have been on many school trips when my kids were in primary school when kids turned up late with no packed lunch,sun cream or whatever else they needed for that trip. I have also seen boys weak from heat exhaustion at cricket because they came to a match with no food or drinks. At every cricket match I'd have to make sure they all put sun cream on.

It is the parent's responsibility but when parents are not up to bearing that responsibility it is not fair on the innocent kids that they suffer for their parents' errors.

That is why good citizens - and the organisations designed to protect kids, so schools, the NHS etc - have to make an extra effort.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wife and I were in Portugal on holiday couple of years ago where amongst many other things we watched a 'Birds of Prey' display. We were seated in a grandstand with an aluminium checker plate floor. Now on a very hot day, as it was, this floor was like a hotplate. Couple put barefoot child down after show to be greeted by screaming, jumping up and down etc. Parents chastise child for acting up but to everyone else the problem was obvious. Suffice to say a quick thinking adult lifted the child and called the ground staff for assistance. Don't know the outcome but the poor mite must have been in agony. Days later when on the beach I ask family 'anyone fancy an ice?' and set off up the beach. By the sea the sand was cold but it got hotter and hotter the further up the beach I got. It was bloody unpleasant I can tell you. Also on the same beach bobbing up and down with Grandson in the surf, daughter shout out 'big wave' but we are knocked over. Throw Grandson up beach shouting 'run to Nanny' while I try to recover balance. Why do I recount this? because it's too easy to forget danger and lack of thought will always catch you out if it can. The thing is we simply don't think on many occasions, parents especially.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
People have to be told that when they can not get through the doors of a bus it is full.
Playing near live wires is dangerous.
Fire is hot.
Red means STOP.
A barrier is there to protect you from injury,not for you to move because it is in your way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts