Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after last sunday's shocking ride out, I was all set for another try today .

So Friday I got new front and rear tyres on , ready for today but still with only 3 miles on them so *must* be careful ..

I decided to try out the ortlieb panniers , I got off ebay couple of months back.

Packed and ready , we steadily headed out Deeside. Careful does it , as we went through some showers , but now the roads were drying nicely .

Stopped off at Dinnet so I could take a picture of the sign .. ( these have sprung up everywhere) ..

Very steadily now after being shaken (LOL) by the Police Sign... NOT
Headed up to Braemar for Coffee and Butty ..

By the time I got to Braemar the tyres were now preforming great, I was finding my lines and my confidence was coming back ..

Oh I LOVE my Transalp :)...so Much .. Sun was shining , roads were nice , sportsbikes were zooming about as usual (but did not get buzzed) ...

Headed up towards tomintool from Balmoral..

A bit further up the hill ....

Start of the Lecht Road

Very Rare , Picture of me .. Happy because everything was going right today.

Up past the ski lift on to the fire station cafe for a another coffee, then home. .

Very nice day , happy with my new rubber and panniers ............. and best of all my riding was more sensible today with no incidents or OH Crap Moments..

:thumbright::thumbright:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Ace matey, Ace.

Glad your back in the groove :thumbup:

Great photo's as normal :thumbright:

What time did you hit Tomintoul?

I flew through there at about 12, after putting some miles on the @ around the Cabrach & Strathdon then home. Brilliant weather - sunny, dry and the wind was behind me most of the way :thumbup:

Soon we must all (the Highlanders) meet up and do some formation miles :rolleyes: :D

Steve T

:cool:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Nice pics mate, I have not been up that way for a couple of years, must fix that soon.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice pics LWR, bike is looking good.

Are the panniers throw overs?

Good to read you are back in the swing of things...

Need to meet at Tomintoul for a coffee.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Need to meet at Tomintoul for a coffee.
Alba,

You set a date and we'll do our bestest to meet up :thumbup:

Might even introduce you to a few of Moray's better routes :rolleyes: :D :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Saturday was a lovely day .. Grandsons Batism and huge party afterwards, weather was kind and a great time was had by all.. ohh sore heed today:toothy7:

no bikin for me, guests and other stuff to do.. glad your back in the grove mate..

will see if I can fit an AT shake down run in over the coming weeks..

Alp got a nice new BT45 rear and new tube, so staying infalted which is a bonus :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Nice pics mate, I was up Tomintoul way last week, Glen Avon estate, servicing their gas boilers. Nice roads up that way. Pity it was in the van!
This week was Glendullan distillery houses boilers for Diageo! Dufftown was nice in the sun!

Agree, we need to meet up for a run in the near future. My flitting from Lossie to Elgin is almost done, just the spare room to sort out and the shed to tidy up and I can get back to clocking up miles! See you soon mate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts