Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving abroad and want to sort my headlights out but dont want to go painting a black patch on them as this would cut out some of the light.

spoke to anton as he has a yellow/amber peice of perspex on his and thought about doing the same. problem is I dont have a jigsaw to do it with etc.

Was wondering, has anyone had any experience with acetate

ie is it hardwaring enough to be able to make up a couple of circles and velcro them on or will it disintegrate too easily

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Is your light actually handed? (ie does the dip beam pattern have a pattern that lights higher on the left than on the right? ) If not (i don't think my Tralp does, but I've not really looked either) then you don't need to change anything anyway, as the beam pattern is flat & is simply shorter than the full beam pattern.

If your light is "handed" & you're moving abroad, ie for some time, it's probably worth investing in a "left hand drive" light. Whatever you do with tape or plastic will reduce somewhat the light, acetate will "mist" over time & need replacing regularly or really reduce light. er, if you velcro circles on, will that not come to the same thing as paint or tape...?

Off Subject:
If you're moving for good (or think you are) then you need to look into re registering the bike as well.

Where'ya goin?

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your light actually handed? (ie does the dip beam pattern have a pattern that lights higher on the left than on the right? ) If not (i don't think my Tralp does, but I've not really looked either) then you don't need to change anything anyway, as the beam pattern is flat & is simply shorter than the full beam pattern.

If your light is "handed" & you're moving abroad, ie for some time, it's probably worth investing in a "left hand drive" light. Whatever you do with tape or plastic will reduce somewhat the light, acetate will "mist" over time & need replacing regularly or really reduce light. er, if you velcro circles on, will that not come to the same thing as paint or tape...?

Off Subject:
If you're moving for good (or think you are) then you need to look into re registering the bike as well.

Where'ya goin?
going back to Spain and I will just keep popping back once a year to MOT or will sorn as changing the plate is hard work over there. I never thought about the light not having a direction...DOH. Cheers mate

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
going back to Spain and I will just keep popping back once a year to MOT or will sorn as changing the plate is hard work over there. I never thought about the light not having a direction...DOH. Cheers mate
;) A mate in spain told me they were clamping down on brit plates in spain at the mo...

Good luck.

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;) A mate in spain told me they were clamping down on brit plates in spain at the mo...

Good luck.
Yeah they are, cos loads of Brits drive/ride about with just a V5 and insurance. If you have an MOT and tax then your are just a tourist and are allowed to drive for 3 months at a time...which 3 months that is the hard bit to prove

They have stopped allowing british cars to take a ITV(spanish MOT)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts