Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...can anyone advise how I can get hold a mesh type headlight protector? Looking at something I can purchase online so it can b shipped here. I know Touratech has this but I would like to explore more options. Anyone here has any lead on this?

Thanks for yr help! :thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you...

Do u know how i can make an order for this? I just dropped them an email to enquire. Any other options people know of? Will do a search for this as well...

Cheers... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thank you...

Do u know how i can make an order for this? I just dropped them an email to enquire. Any other options people know of? Will do a search for this as well...

Cheers... :thumbup:
Any connections to The Pope?
..that's what it might take unless your Itilian is really good. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any connections to The Pope?
..that's what it might take unless your Itilian is really good. :p
Ha...no connections to the Pope But Ricky Cross responded twice today to my enquiries. The prices however, is way too high. Shipping is 120 Euro while the headlight protector is 75 Euro...way too high for me...ouch!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ha...no connections to the Pope But Ricky Cross responded twice today to my enquiries. The prices however, is way too high. Shipping is 120 Euro while the headlight protector is 75 Euro...way too high for me...ouch!
The Touratech fits the RDO7A nicely. Gives good protection from those nuisance fairies. :teeth:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is nasty!!! Ha...

Anyway, i am seriously looking at making my own. Just went tt search and found some stainless steel wire mesh that might fit. Looking for something thicker for the outer frame. If i can find it, i might get it welded to fit on. Making my own might be more fun... we'll see if something comes out of this...:thumbup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try Tesco for the wire, the bottom of a basket cut to shape then get welding, or i think the wire on the trollys is a bit thicker for better buid quality.:thumb::thumbright:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Try Classic Mini headlights protectors (Similar to this on e-bay 150425816537) .. I got a pair from e-bay a while back but still not got round to do them yet. ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, lets raise this topic from the dead :)

Some time ago, I was also wondering where to order Headlight protector, but for RD07. After a short search, I found only Touratech. I didn't like the shape, either the plexi one. I had "old fashioned" in my mind, something very similar to the protector I had on RD03.

So, my friend and I decided to make our own.
First we made the frames:

Then, welded them together, and welded the mesh:

The remaining and oversized mesh was cutted:

After that, the screw holder was welded:

Here is how it looks finished:

What is left is to paint the protector into black.

It take us something about an hour to finish the protector. I saved some money, and the most important, I'm happy to have an unique Headlight Protector :)
It look like cat eyes :)

Hope you like our work too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey..how about making a couple more for the community here? I'll the first to order! :thumbup: Great job on the protector btw, it looks fantastic!

Well, lets raise this topic from the dead :)

Some time ago, I was also wondering where to order Headlight protector, but for RD07. After a short search, I found only Touratech. I didn't like the shape, either the plexi one. I had "old fashioned" in my mind, something very similar to the protector I had on RD03.

So, my friend and I decided to make our own.
First we made the frames:

Then, welded them together, and welded the mesh:

The remaining and oversized mesh was cutted:

After that, the screw holder was welded:

Here is how it looks finished:

What is left is to paint the protector into black.

It take us something about an hour to finish the protector. I saved some money, and the most important, I'm happy to have an unique Headlight Protector :)
It look like cat eyes :)

Hope you like our work too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you all for the nice words :)

@tigerapple
I live in Serbia, how to deliver it to Singapore? :)
This review was not supposed to be advertising :) it really was not my intention.

I can measure in details the protector, even dismount it from the bike and make more detailed pictures if you want.

I'm sure that you can find somebody in your town who can produce the protector in a fraction of the shipping price ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts