Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xl650 V6 Headlight wiring - 3 wires run in to the plug-to-headlight bulb; - White, blue and green. Which is the live feed please? I plan to `wire in` an inline switch giving me the choice of when to have the main headlight on........thanks peeps :bom:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Xl650 V6 Headlight wiring - 3 wires run in to the plug-to-headlight bulb; - White, blue and green. Which is the live feed please? I plan to `wire in` an inline switch giving me the choice of when to have the main headlight on........thanks peeps

White is Dipped Beam

Blue is Main Beam

Green is Earth

For what you want to do, you will need to put the switch (rated at 10 Amps or so) into the main Blue and White feed to the Dip Switch.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Not wishing to unseat Lutins expertese....
I do believe the lights are turned off as the starter button is pressed, you should be able to fit a switch to the relevant wire on the starter/killswitch harness. This would also switch off tail & clock back lights at the same time?

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Not wishing to unseat Lutins expertese....
I do believe the lights are turned off as the starter button is pressed, you should be able to fit a switch to the relevant wire on the starter/killswitch harness. This would also switch off tail & clock back lights at the same time?

Phil

sent from my 'phone

What actually happens is that the power feed to the starter switch is usually routed to the headlight dip switch - the Blue and White wire. When the starter button is pressed, the power feed is diverted to the starter solenoid - Yellow and Red wire.

A drawing might help here (though this one is of the complete starter circuit, it does show the start switch feed to the lights via the Blue/White wire) -

View attachment 42185

The tail lights and clock backlighting are on a completely different circuit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lutin - you are a legend!! - :thumbup: - who needs Haynes manuals when you`ve got your own Lutin on `tap`!

...followed your advice, spliced in the switch and now have the lights option of side light, dipped (at the flick of the newly fitted on /off switch) and high beam........hazards were there anyway. Thanks muchly

Thanks to other fellow `Alpers` for your input with this little `refinement`....

Laters

PS

When I got this V6 last month and began to check around and in the bike I discovered that the bike shop I bought it from has
fitted new spark plugs...I`m unsure whether they are recommended heat range etc - NGK DPR8EA is `printed` on the plug`s
porcelain shank, there is also the number 9 printed immediately below the DPR8EA..........

What say you please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
650 V6 - OEM Plugs

Tops for the info.......:bom:

I`m in the garage finishing the assembly of the small dipped beam job
we`ve worked on together

I dare say I`ll need your kind assistance again sooner or later........ I hope
its OK to give you a `shout`........

Keep well and dry!!

:rolleyes:

The standard plugs for the 650 Transalp are DPR8EA-9. Must be just the way the numbers have been printed on the plugs.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts