Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Excellent documentary.

It's a pity that so many people think it won't happen to them...

...and then it does.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
See people texting all to often , if you tell them to get off the phone and drive properly you get abuse as if your doing wrong .
People caught using their phone while driving should get their phone destroyed there and then , right in their face.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
A while back I saw a driver pulled over for using the mobile while driving, he got the fine and points but did not learn as he left the supermarket on the phone and got caught again at the same checkpoint.

Sent using Stumps.

·
Registered
752 Posts
A while back I saw a driver pulled over for using the mobile while driving, he got the fine and points but did not learn as he left the supermarket on the phone and got caught again at the same checkpoint.
In this instance sticking him in the back of the van handcuffed for a few hours should have happened. It's one thing getting a fine as the reason behind these is to educate people with a small punishment, to do it immediately after shows contempt for the law and should be treated in the same way as contempt of court.

That or beating with a truncheon ;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
See people texting all to often , if you tell them to get off the phone and drive properly you get abuse as if your doing wrong .
People caught using their phone while driving should get their phone destroyed there and then , right in their face.
YES!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
In this instance sticking him in the back of the van handcuffed for a few hours should have happened. It's one thing getting a fine as the reason behind these is to educate people with a small punishment, to do it immediately after shows contempt for the law and should be treated in the same way as contempt of court.

That or beating with a truncheon ;)
Wotta Dick! Confiscation is the only way, but I agree, an hour in a van might well work well and nice and cheap too, or of course, bring back the Village Stocks....

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think humiliation is the best form of punishment there is, especially in this modern social media world!

Handcuffed in the back of a van or in the stocks and take a photo, their name, that photo and what idiocy they are guilty of sent around the world via twitter, facebook etc and allow the shame they feel as the world, their friends, neighbours and work colleagues see this to punish them daily.

Embarrassment always works better than an anonymous fine ;)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
For all the benefits of mobile phones there are a hell of a lot of downsides :(

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I agree with Phil's comments.

Embarrass them, to show their family & friends how dangerous & irresponsible they really are.

What's more dangerous a 9 yr old child with an AK 47 or an adult texting while driving a vehicle ?

I've attended too many RTCs due caused by texting/mobile calls being made whilst in motion, it's not big or clever.

Enough said.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Someone with stupidity of that nature shouldn't be at the wheel at all, the phone just acts as an indicator of that point.

The 3 points and a fine was put in place to stop people using a mobile phone while driving i.e having a conversation with the phone in their hand.

Texting while driving should be a ban, your eyes are not on the road plain and simple, it is driving without due care and attention and dangerous driving

1 - 12 of 12 Posts