Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a couple of hours fitting a Heavy Duties centre stand this afternoon. Just thought I'd post a recommendation for anyone looking to fit one. It came a week after ordering, fitted perfectly (no need to remove the exhaust) and will make maintaining the bike so much easier. Definately one of the better bits of kit I've fitted.

Chris

·
Registered
193 Posts
You wouldn't happen to be the one who just ordered up the entire Heavy Duties stock of RD03 center stands right before I attempted to go purchase one, would you? :D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
You wouldn't happen to be the one who just ordered up the entire Heavy Duties stock of RD03 center stands right before I attempted to go purchase one, would you? :D
mmm they better get on with making another two :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Was a tad difficult to fit on my RD07, needed to loosen off the exhaust & airgun off the seized bolts on the suspension.

But a great bit off kit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pressed go too soon.

Fitting the crash bars involved removing the lower front engine mount bolt...which means removing the exhaust...or half removing the bolt then cutting the head off with a hacksaw before removing the rest. You can then loosen the oil filter and put the new bolt (longer, supplied) in easily from the other side.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but anyone who got the Heavy Duties center stand happen to upgrade from the stock stand? My stock stand hangs below the skid plate and is a real pain to get the bike up on. It's like the legs are just a tad too long. I I stick a 2x4 under the rear tire the bike pops up on the stand with ease.

I contacted Heavy Duties to see what the shipping costs would be and they said they can not sell to the US. I'm hoping someone knows of an online store that might sell and ship one, it's its better than stock.

Ron

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks!
Yea when I got my bike it had a weak spring on the stock stand. Kept hitting the ground when riding off road over bumps. I ordered the factory springs and I ended up using some strong line and a long piece of wood and the back tire to leverage it on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts