Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heavy Duties Adventure Luggage And Protection has anyone ordered off these guys? ordered and paid for stuff last week, got an email saying they were being dispatched on monday and he'd send me a tracking number, got no number and emails today result in an automated reply saying they are away till the 6th august. am i being paranoid or what?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh, see it now, didn't read properly. Maybe they just forgot to send it.
No personal experience but heard from local guy who also makes cases that some people had some trouble with them (waiting for their orders long time.)
Hope that won't be the case with you and that everything will be OK.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Heavy Duties Adventure Luggage And Protection has anyone ordered off these guys? ordered and paid for stuff last week, got an email saying they were being dispatched on monday and he'd send me a tracking number, got no number and emails today result in an automated reply saying they are away till the 6th august. am i being paranoid or what?
I emailed the guys there asking about my centre stand before ordering and was told that the lead time would be about a month. They emailed me back about a month later to say that they had fabricated me one (I hadn't sent any money at that point) and were ready to ship it to me, so I paid via Paypal and got the stand within a week (delivered to England).

They are solid guys, I've talked to, and read posts from several people who have bought from them, and while they're not the fastest guys to get things done they come through with really good products at an excellent price!

They are adventure riders and fabricators firstly, and businessmen second I think, but their stuff really is worth the wait in my opinion (and no, I'm not on commission LOL).

I'm sure your order will get to you soon mate :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its only been a week or so, they never mentioned anything about lead times etc, guess i'll have to just be patient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Be patient, it's worth it.

I bought the heavyduties and the sw-motech centre stand, and in comparison the one from heavyduties is far better (nicely welded, good powdercoating, and well thought out, can be mounted without removing the exhaust).

Greeting from Austria, Tom

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
I bought some RD04 pannier rails, great product, good communication and fast delivery. I would recommend them....

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
bought RD03 Pannier rails of these guys
no issues... :thumbup:

Reactions: serious3

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi!

I got my panniers made at Heavy Duties. Took a while because they needed to get a hold of an RD07 for an exact fit (probably due to me ordering a cutaway pannier for the right side). Here's the full kit on my bike (stickers added by me):

Edit: once they were done with the construction the shipping only took a week. Also the price was unbeatable. Got the full kit for the price of a single Touratech pannier :)

Reactions: serious3

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well a big box of bits came today, lovely well made kit, very impressed with it. sent him an email thanking him and asked for hints as to how to fit them. sent me two biscuits as well as the sticker, i reckon they are made with romanian vodka!

·
Registered
755 Posts
well a big box of bits came today, lovely well made kit, very impressed with it. sent him an email thanking him and asked for hints as to how to fit them. sent me two biscuits as well as the sticker, i reckon they are made with romanian vodka!
See! We all said it'd be fine ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:eek: yeah yeah, i know......got a little paranoid when i didn't get the tracking number, tell you what tho its bloody good kit!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'll get round to fitting them just got to get the engine back from the rebuilder..... its had a new output shaft, new 2nd and 4th gear, all new gearbox bearings, new piston rings, a re-hone, new valve stem seals, all valves lapped in....do it once do it right!:thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hmm, Are you Vincent, and your rebuilder is Dave? If so, I'm Simon with the fecked output shaft from Facebook :)

Just, 'do it once do it right' is what Dave said to me, is all - Good advice :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts