Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people on here have recommended these crashbars and the price looks good. Anyone know if or what the import charges would be ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a bit of a search and found some unclear advice on .Gov website. Seems it its 20% but if there’s no trade deal it’s another 2%. Or is it the other way round ? Anyway, about £30 on top

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s what’s worrying. I imported some foot boards for my Indian from USA and got email from some import company down south asking me for £18. I thought it was a con so ignored it. But after another email and a search of the web I found it wasn’t a con and if I didn’t pay up my item would be returned to sender ! These hidden charges are a pain. Just when you think ‘bargain’ you get charged extra. Brexit just means same applies to everything from EU too. If they can find a driver to deliver it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had email from UPS. They want £48-50 to deliver crashbars. That’s £11-50 handling fee + taxes.
So much for Gov website advice (as usual) and Bozza and his cronies saying things will be better after Brexit.
Of course delivery will depend on the driver getting any fuel. best of luck with that then !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crashbars arrived no thanks to UPS who basically failed to deliver as arranged over a 3 day period but had the audacity to charge me £11-50 handling charge🤬
anyway, they came with these bags
Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Carbon Bag Baggage

don’t think I’ll be doing a European tour with just them. But handy for a few extras
So anybody fitted these ? Easy job ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I fitted them on my 650v4, along with the bags, and they’re a piece of the proverbial to fit. The bags are great for first aid kit, helmet spares, tools and stuff. Nice piece of kit at a good price👍

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i find crashbars a pain. they get it the way of servicing the bike and they make the bike heavy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went for the Heed bars based on advice from here + they look to protect much more of the bike than some of the other makes. I’m hoping to do a bit of touring next year so getting bike ready for that.
What problems did you have fitting them ? Or is it the usual ‘need 2 pairs of hands’ ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
No problems that I recall. Because they are in two halves I just loosely fitted all fixings then secured them when I had the two halves joined and sitting correctly. All looks good👍

1 - 15 of 15 Posts