Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to J&S motorcycle supplies to buy an optimiser battery charger and remembered someone told me to buy a recognised brand like Oxford. I noticed they had an Oxford and a Dr Bike brand which was £5 less than the Oxford so I asked the assistant if it was worth buying the Oxford for the sake of the fiver ? The answer was they are the exact same apart from the packaging as both are manufactured by Oxford !! So any other examples of bike bits that are made by a well known brand sold under another brand name ?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
So any other examples of bike bits that are made by a well known brand sold under another brand name ?
Bacon - I work for Tulip foods, if you go to tesco you'll see the brand we also do all tesco and tesco finest, Danepak and most other supermarkets.

·
Registered
67 Posts
how true i dont know, oxford hot grips & roxter, i was told they come off the same line, just put into different boxes, i gave in and paid for the oxford ones...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jason, which part of your bike do you use the bacon on , sorry couldnt resist but i wonder how many other things we pay extra for just because of a name ??

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
jason, which part of your bike do you use the bacon on , sorry couldnt resist but i wonder how many other things we pay extra for just because of a name ??
Just read the original post, i seem to have missed read the bit specific to "BIKES" T**T i am:mad::mad:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I used to work in Bejam now Icelands, they had icecream deliveries and the home branded ice cream came with the walls ice cream.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
essential part of riders equipement.

can bikers survive wthout bacon butties????:D:D:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully someone will come along and tell us yes heinz do make beans for someone else !!!! Or could we be paying for say a certain brand of tyre that comes the exact same under a different guise ??

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hopefully someone will come along and tell us yes heinz do make beans for someone else !!!! Or could we be paying for say a certain brand of tyre that comes the exact same under a different guise ??
From my point of view the customer specifies packaging, the processing plant then applies there packaging to the customer spec product. Chances are one plant will do all brands and slight differences in recipe will get labelled for certain customers

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
You must have heard the phrase that kit saved my bacon - obvious really the plastic bags bacon comes in needs protection hence bike clothing etc!

·
Registered
454 Posts
It may well be that the Dr bike one is the exact same product made by Oxford, but does it offer the exact same customer support when the product goes wrong?
That's why I would go for the Oxford one. Middle man company's usually brush off warranty repairs, as its a big ball ache to them. And Oxford wont deal with you directly for a product that doesn't have there name on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts