Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for technical information on an old XR600R I purchased a few months ago I stumbled upon this website. I found several posts that got me up to speed on the aging war horse so I thought I should stop by to say thanks.

Although I spent most of my youth riding dirt and pasture trails in New Mexico and Kansas, I now ride paved highways on a hopped up Harley 1200 Sportster and a Honda VTX1800N. I suppose the call of the wild once again gripped my soul and off I go on knobby tires. Some people grow old but never quite grow up.

Take care,

Bear

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I suppose the call of the wild once again gripped my soul and off I go on knobby tires. Some people grow old but never quite grow up.

Take care,

Bear
Welcome to the forum Bear, you'll be in good company here mate there's a fair few members here had that same calling :rolleyes: How about some pictures of the steeds that adorn your stable?

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Welcome Mr. Taylor.

There was an interesting article in a recent American dirt bike magazine where a tired XR600R was raced with little more than fresh fuel in the tank...& did well against newer more potent machinery. A worthy machine indeed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi from over here in blighty, but can you enlighten me one thing.

When you say 'kansas' its sounds like 'Cans Ass'.

But when you put an 'Ar' in front of it, it is pronounced 'Ar cans saw'. I just wondered thats all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'll try to post some photos in a few weeks.

As far as Arkansas and Kansas are concerned, things are even more complicated. The Arkansas and Little Arkansas rivers run through our state and we even have a town named Arkansas City. However, they are pronounced AR-CANS-ASS. There's a little issue dating back to the War Between the States where Kansas entered the Union as a free state on the side of the North and Arkansas, a slave state, fought with the South. Some old tensions never quite die.

I changed the spark plug on the XR last week. I practically had to the empty the tool box to find a socket thin enough to fit down in that narrow channel. I see a need buy a few tools designed for the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts