Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just joined the forum. I own a 2007 Transalp 650 and am planning a few trips this year including a tour of Spain and Portugal. The forum looks very good for getting the information I may require with regards to bike set up and some good kit for touring. Look forward to hearing from you all. Tracey

·
Registered
305 Posts
God to hear from someone in Lancs - quite a few members around here !

Iainnic

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Hi all, Just joined the forum. I own a 2007 Transalp 650 and am planning a few trips this year including a tour of Spain and Portugal. The forum looks very good for getting the information I may require with regards to bike set up and some good kit for touring. Look forward to hearing from you all. Tracey
Hi Tracey welcome, this place is full of nutters :D:D
I have a route that we did last year through Spain & Portugal. Its in Mapsource with some great roads, if you want it :thumbright:

God to hear from someone in Lancs - quite a few members around here !

Iainnic
Yep there are a few of us :blob2:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the best forum around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, We have mapsorce so it would be nice to see your spanish route and if you wish I will send you our when complete. Tracey

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Grumpy, We will have just returned from Spain when the longest day trip is on. I have a few runs planned to worm up before the trip to the sun but thank you for the invite.
Tracey

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Dear Grumpy, We will have just returned from Spain when the longest day trip is on. I have a few runs planned to worm up before the trip to the sun but thank you for the invite.
Tracey
Well maybe next year, the planning for TLD 2011 is underway, its always the June weekend, when the longest day happens, hence its name, this is the third year, so hope to see you next year, have fun in Spain. If you need any advice ask Sharibee, J or Mom, they went last year :thumbup:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
We went from Caen down to Andulucia last year, took almost 3 weeks and have a fantastic time. The biggest problem your going to find is the fuel range on your transalp, not sure how many miles it does to a tank, mine used to get 180 but even with 200 miles on my GS I found that in some of the more remote areas it was close getting fuel :D

If you want any help route planning ask J or MoM, not that I'm not prepared to help but I was under the impression that Gibraltar was an island up until a little while ago so my navigation skills may not be something you'd want to rely on :D:D

We rode some fantastic roads, Mabel's old man will have all of the details as he led most of the way.

Some of the photos can be found here

Almeria - Sharribee's Photos

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse Tracey

There are many in the northwest area quite active on ride outs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Sharribee,
My bike only does about 180 on a tank full but I have got My better half on an GS Adventure which holds loads of fuel just in case. He has been to Spain a lot of time so I will just follow him at a safe distance.
Tracey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts