Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Joined a week or so ago, thought it time I introduced myself!
Ive been riding near continuasly for over 30 years with all kinds of bikes ( except cruisers )
I previously had an xtz a few years ago, and now fancied an At, however, I couldn't believe the money they are fetching and couldn't afford one, so... I ended up with a 99 Varadero,
And Love it. ( The looks could be improved )
This is something I intend to address.
I enjoy messing with bikes and can't wait to get busy with the Vara. ( Money being the limiting factor )
I look forward to sharing my ideas and progress as and when.
Cheers, Matt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Matt. Dan are from NZ. I'm kind of the same as you. I've been on this site before but am new to join up mainly because I hate having too many pass words to remember. I was lucky enough to find a Africa twin over here a year back at the right price and have been riding away without too many issues. What problems have arrived have been covered by previous posts on here already.
Hope ya having a good summer in Ireland and packing in the miles. I have very fond memories of your part of the world.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, good of you to message.
I've not covered too many miles as yet because the weather has been very wet and I've already been there and done that as far as wet weather riding goes. ( I was a London despatch rider for nearly 20 years ) so fair weather for me now, although in Ireland, you can leave you're house and the weather change 15 mins later:rolleyes:. I really like the at's but could not afford one and did not really want to waste too much more time saving up, maybe now I'll continue to add and get one next year. Gleeson, that's an Irish name is it not?; I wish you many more trouble free miles on the twin :) feel free to message anytime.
Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts