Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Middle aged macam here.
Anyone not know what a macam is by the way?

I'm in the process of changing my 10 year old Blackbird for a 7 year old Transalp with only 12k on the clock. I live in NE Scotland and hoping winter will stop soon.

I will be checking out the forums and site in greater depth in the next few days hoping to learn more about my new bike

regards

Tom;)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Don't forget to post pictures of your bike when you get it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello
Thanks for the reply and welcome
Just been looking at your photos. Could you let me have the details of your hard luggage and crash bars please ? Nice looking bike by the way!

regards

Tom:p

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum ..

Nice to see another NE scotland member..and with a TA.

We have had some real bad weather but soon enough we will be getting out on ride outs and meets .. Keep a eye on the Regional Meets (Scotland) thread for updates.

What colour is your Transalp is it Blue.?

I saw one driving about south of aberdeen just the other week ,.

Cheers LWR (Craig)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello Tom
I'm also in the snowy north east of Scotland ,near knock hill ( no not the race track )the one by the A95 Keith to Banff road.
Thats some change ,Blackbird to TA, and I have no idea what a Macam is either.
Just had my AT running in the shed,cos I couldnt get it out past the friggin snow drifts,just wanted to hear it run ,although I tell my family that it has to run every other week to stop it getting ill.
Surely the snow will go before the end of March eh.
cheers
Lee

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I'm not too far away just to the West of Elgin. Should get the bike next week, black and silver with top box. Looking forward to getting out on it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

Welcome to the forum ..

Nice to see another NE scotland member..and with a TA.

We have had some real bad weather but soon enough we will be getting out on ride outs and meets .. Keep a eye on the Regional Meets (Scotland) thread for updates.

What colour is your Transalp is it Blue.?

I saw one driving about south of aberdeen just the other week ,.

Cheers LWR (Craig)
I'll try and work out how to post a photo of the bike i have one on the pooter somewhere

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi I'm not too far away just to the West of Elgin. Should get the bike next week, black and silver with top box. Looking forward to getting out on it
Ah, west of the Spey, yes you probably will manage a ride next week, east of the Spey is like f**kin Narnia,always winter,just had a mini blizzard here.
Only lasted 20 mins,but with the sky clearing the snow that came down will still be here in the morning,damn it.
Roll on spring.
Lee

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Hello all, Middle aged macam here.
Anyone not know what a macam is by the way?
Tom;)
That's an apprentice geordie right?
Or is it the other way round and your the lot with the jobs but eat sushi for lunch at work................................................

only joking mate welcome to the forum and wise choice of wheels:thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Have you lost your marbles by any chance? It does help communicating with this lot. Between you and me some have clearly lost the plot! some actually ride the bikes they own. Welcome to what is quite obviously a place for lost causes. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sorry Grendel not Grenville
Your be calling yourself Arkright next;)

Just so you remember not this one: YouTube - Open all hours - Opening titles

The bike's changed a bit since the photos.

Now have full Givi Luggage

2x 36L Panniers
1x 45L Topbox

And the crash bars are MOTAD dessert bars and sadly no longer available. With it all fitted makes it a bid wider.

Got anymore questions fee free to ask:thumbup:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Surely a mak'em? My bro-in-law was born in Roker Road but his children are being brought up on Tyneside!!!

Welcome, and keep an eye on the Isle of Skye trip thread...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts