Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody, i have found my way here through researching the xl varadero 125v.this site looks like a good resorce and friendly
my girlfriend would like to learn to ride, she has had a few lessons on a suzi 500, with the intention of doing her d/a but the instructor was a bit shouty and it has put her off lessons.which was a shame as she was doing very well with all the low speed cones and stuff.

so we have been looking at 125,s
she is 5'7" and weighs 9 st.
we think the varadero would suit.

i am 50 now i have had bikes on and off since i was 17
i now ride an old (82) bmw r100 my last bike was a cbr 600f
i'm not sure what the stereotypical bmw rider is, but whatever it is i can't help feeling that i hope i dont conform to it.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
IMHO your girlfriend is on the right track...with her height the baby vara sounds like a good choice...no BMW stereothype, i used to ride an R65 many years ago....and i am still an OBF!! :)

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
i am 50 now i have had bikes on and off since i was 17 i now ride an old (82) bmw r100
So am I ! and there are a lot of 50 year old + grumpy old gits on here,so welcome :thumbup: it don't matter what you ride, (well there are some exceptions !) there's always room for another rider and pillion on www.thelongestday.org.uk , bring the g/f there is one space left in the girl's room at the bunkhouse and I'am sure we can squeeze you in somwhere :confused: best weekend of your life, so far ;)

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
IMHO your girlfriend is on the right track...with her height the baby vara sounds like a good choice...no BMW stereothype, i used to ride an R65 many years ago....and i am still an OBF!! :)
Antonio ? isn't it time you were in bed, :confused: bloody youngsters, think they can stay up all night :D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
all night.....now you are pushing it......:)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
up all night.....not even when I was in my 20's ....lol

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I agree with the above comments about the 125 Vara being the best looking 125 out there, they also seem to hold their value considering they are a learners bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we picked one up today:happy9:
on a 05 plate 13,000miles it was bought localy from a very nice man.
rode it home about 20 miles and found it a delight to ride, i will go further than that, it is flawless:smile:
g/f (abi) loves it but will have trouble keeping me away from it.
will post up piccies if able/allowed.
very happy bunny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts