Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I best say hello seeing as my first post was a "problem"post.
Picked up my 1998 XR400R the other day and since then, it's been a case of get up, shower, breakfast, tinker with bike. So far, I'm happy. So, what have I done so far? Adjusted valve clearances. Retentioned the manual decompress actuator spring as it wasn't falling back to it's mechanical stop (starts 2nd kick every morning now), took the pilot screw back to stock (no idea if the jets have been changed so this is on a whim), new grips, new chain and sprocket, fitted an ignition barrel with key, new air filter, new spark plug will be going in once my 12mm plug socket arrives (jeeeezo man), Kriega Overlander 30's readjusted to fit the bike. No clocks on the bike so a Trail tech Vapour or similar will need to go on for calculating distances etc :)
On it's way are some Acerbis hand guards and an Acerbis 22ltr long range tank (thanks jasonbc) and I'll be fitting 2 cycle bottle cages to the front mudguard for makeshift water storage. Oil change also coming up when this blooming filter arrives!!!:thumbup:
I have a tour of north west Scotland planned in May this year and the plan is to use the XR400. I also own a 2011 Yam XT660Z Teneré which I know would be much more comfortable, but where's the fun in that?

GAZ_0344.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts