Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Gents/ladies

Just thought i would introduce myself as a new member. I bought my CRF250L six weeks ago after having both hips replaced and not being able to get on my VFR, and can honestly say i have not had so much fun (on a bike) before!. Luckily I'm only 15 minutes from Salisbury plains so have regular off road weekends but also use the bike for work. Anyway rather than waffle on, i have ordered exhaust, induction and EFI upgrades from the states in order to get a bike that will do all i need so if anyone is interested i will post my findings as the mods go on and hopefully get a good understanding of what is best value and what to look out for.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I picked up a CRF250L myself on Sunday and agree with everything you say. It's fun factor is superb. Will also be doing a few mods. The postman is gonna be busy.
Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick, just fitted a LeoVince exhaust today, great sound and bit better control low down, however it blew my number plate off and slightly melted the number plate holder!! so need to angle the pipe outward slightly and order a tail tidy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just received my tail tidy in the post today as it happens, still deciding on which exhaust to go for.
Should have a parcel from Adventure Spec coming tomorrow, hopefully.
Good job the bikes are reasonably priced, cos the 'must have' bits soon add up!!

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i think i should have fitted the tail tidy first and angled the pipe away a bit! I haven't seen the FMF exhaust but apparently they are good but i would recommend the LeoVince, it was cheaper than the FMF but is really good quality it comes with two Db killers so you can have really loud or just throaty. I can post some pics later. The other thing is the weight of the OEM exhaust is surprisingly heavy so with the new pipe i can have more fry ups and doughnut stops :)
Let me know how the tail tidy goes, mines arriving friday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts