Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i had better say hello as i have just joined.

I live in Devon and i have just bought a 2010 700 TA 8000 miles and unmolested :)

i have been off of the road bikes for 3-4 years and just trail riding with a 91 xr250

this will be to potter around on and take away behind the motorhome :)

with the odd easy green lane thrown in.

i need to work out what tyres to fit next .............

A few jobs to do and a wishlist of parts i would be interested in if anyone has some for sale

Seat (any)

center stand

taller screen

Decat link pipe or a standard cat i could modify.

Roger

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello Roger and welcome to the forum. I have 700 as well but mine came with centre stand and crash bars when i got it. Before you spend £200 on centre stand check out Heavy Duties they fabricate them for about half the price. I bought a few bits and pieces{under cowl amongst other stuff) from ebay second hand for a really good price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks i had not heard of heavy duties they are much cheaper. Are there any reports/reviews on the stands ?

i have ebay saved searches already :)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome

Reactions: hampsterracing

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome Roger enjoy the 700 I sold mine just over a year ago, I dont have any of your listed parts but do have an as new set of Heavy Duties panier frames which I haven't got round to selling yet. Great for hard panniers soft luggage or even rear protection/ grab handles for when you drop it green laning☺

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I was thinking around 65 posted. They are pretty much mint one small scratch and come with original fittings. I also have if you want it a bodgers corner special workshop stand which you can have for cost of postage.
I can't take any pics till Monday but it is a steel centre stand that I made to fit the 700. It fits into centre stand mounts with round bar in a few seconds. Obviously doesn't travel with the bike but really good for maintenance and servicing if you don't have a stand fitted.
Cheers Jon

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just thought i had better say hello as i have just joined.

I live in Devon and i have just bought a 2010 700 TA 8000 miles and unmolested :)

Decat link pipe or a standard cat i could modify.

Roger
I have a standard cat that I removed when I put on the leo vince link pipe. Unfortunately I live in Cork, Ireland and suspect that the postage costs would be better spent in buying a leo vince pipe. Saves on the work as well. But if you know anybody passing by on holiday they are welcome to collect it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Roger and welcome to the forum. I have a 2008 700 Transalp that came with the tall Honda touring screen. To be honest it didn't take long before I realized that it just wasn't for me. I'm around 5'9"-10" and once I got above sixty or so I found that my head was getting rocked about a bit that made me feel nauseous. I eventually purchased an M.R. Vario screen and although not as tall as the Honda screen I find it much better when clocking up the miles. You are welcome to the Honda one just make an offer.

Nick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a standard cat that I removed when I put on the leo vince link pipe. Unfortunately I live in Cork, Ireland and suspect that the postage costs would be better spent in buying a leo vince pipe. Saves on the work as well. But if you know anybody passing by on holiday they are welcome to collect it.
thanks i will bear it in mind as mates come to ireland trailriding most years but not sure where.i will have to find out :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Roger and welcome to the forum. I have a 2008 700 Transalp that came with the tall Honda touring screen. To be honest it didn't take long before I realized that it just wasn't for me. I'm around 5'9"-10" and once I got above sixty or so I found that my head was getting rocked about a bit that made me feel nauseous. I eventually purchased an M.R. Vario screen and although not as tall as the Honda screen I find it much better when clocking up the miles. You are welcome to the Honda one just make an offer.

Nick.
Bugger !!

pressed buy it now on a new givi one this morning !!

but thanks for the offer

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
the honda transalp 700 touring screen is much better than the givi, as it has "supports" whereas the givi doesn't and hence, at speeds above 50 mph the givi screen bends

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tested the givi screen yesterday and so far so good with no flex at good motorway speeds and has reduced the noise and buffeting to my head :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome Roger enjoy the 700 I sold mine just over a year ago, I dont have any of your listed parts but do have an as new set of Heavy Duties panier frames which I haven't got round to selling yet. Great for hard panniers soft luggage or even rear protection/ grab handles for when you drop it green laning☺

PM sent

1 - 20 of 20 Posts