Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these on the net ('Cause I work from home and should be doing better things with my time) and found this which looks quite funky (or as my missus would say, "Another thing to spend your money on")

http://www.helmet-brake-light.com/index.php?lang=en

or

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/signalfly/

I like the idea of them. The second one looks a little cumbersome though. I don't know how waterproof the first one looks either.
Anyone tried any of them?
Hey, anyone noticed the weather getting better? At least it has gone from arctic-damp to, well, just damp. I think I actually saw the Sun yesterday, but like a Morlock from HG Wells' The Time Machine, it burnt my retina and I quickly scuttled back into my North London Cave. I am having the painful wait for my insurance documents to arrive so I can tax my Bike. Its taking far too long!
Another question? Is it me, or is it a pre-requisite for Mechanics to have the hump the entire time they are at work (and if there is any mechanics reading this, I am sure you personally are quite lovely). In all the service industries I have worked in, I have always been under the impression that the customer (even though I hate that word) commands a small amount of respect and politeness, otherwise you just go elsewhere. Maybe I just annoy them when I turn up, you know, bringing in my annoying repeat business, handing over all my stupid money without questioning anything, annoyingly saying "Good morning" and even more annoyingly saying "Thank you". I wonder what the industry would be like if it were to take a few Customer Service lessons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a brandy and a cigar when I turn up, but at least a "Hello" and SOME kind of impression they are happy for the business. Too many times I have been greeted with a Neanderthal grunt and a look that makes me feel I have just got him on his lunch break. I am also constantly paranoid about being ripped off. But I think that is garages on the whole. No one else in any other business sector commands this sort of attitude or reputation. My feeling is there isn't enough competition, so they can get away with it.

Right, sorry, ranting over and done with. Love this site by the way.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I do all my own servicing and my mechanic is a right miserable surly bleeder.

G

·
Not sure i like the idea of no statutory rear brake light, just relieing on the helmet one seems tooo risky, we haven't even got drivers to look in the correct place for braking, if they have to look at my lid for it im not sure? although i can see the point of it being supplementary to the existing and helps drivers see wots goin on infront of them. perhaps the more experienced riders have a view on this !! :?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'll stick with my high vis jacket thanks..

G

·
Well all i did was add on another two rear lights/brake lights above the standard one. Now i know that if one bulb goes i'll still have two others working ok.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Well all i did was add on another two rear lights/brake lights above the standard one. Now i know that if one bulb goes i'll still have two others working ok.
I like it. Where did you get those from and how did you mount them?

G

·
Whealie said:
I like it. Where did you get those from and how did you mount them?
I got them from another bike that some of our students is using to make a go-kart. They are just mounted on a bent piece of aluminium and that is attached to the black plastic topbox plate.

I can take more pictures if you like?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
They are just mounted on a bent piece of aluminium
That'll be the technical name then? I like your style.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Maverick said:
I'll stick with my high vis hand gestures thanks..
:laughing3:

ive been thinking of fitting LED stop and tail lights on my ali boxs with some quick release plugs for the lecky :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Chad said:
Maverick said:

ive been thinking of fitting LED stop and tail lights on my ali boxs with some quick release plugs for the lecky :D
I've got a mountain bike 3 l.e.d rear light fitted at the back of mine, just in case i get caught out in fog. :wink:

G

·
cabbage2404 said:
Chad said:
Maverick said:

I've got a mountain bike 3 l.e.d rear light fitted at the back of mine, just in case i get caught out in fog. :wink:
Thats another good idea, just as a fog light. Might think about that too. You can never have too many lights!

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
easy fix!

if you have a honda top box and a luggage strap to go around it (in the groove) you can buy some led light with clips on them that clip onto this strap - they are designed for cyclists and runners

v. bright and certainly get ya noticed - if you mount them on the box you do look like a copper in headlights - which means muppetts in cars are a bit more careful!

wierd isn't it how yer average driver won't notice something unless it looks like it could pull them over!!??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts