Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thinking of getting a helmet cam to use whilst out on the motorbikes and the push bikes, what are the reccommends?

Oh and if you have just upgraded pm me...

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I went for the Drift HD170 stealth, £125.00 on Amazon (previously a nearly £300 camera), Boris of this here parish identified that the high capacity batteries available for £25.00 are the same as the Hama DP232 which are available on ebay for £3.50 each (ive just purchased two and they work perfectly for over 4hrs worth of recording)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I should be on a commission from Drift :)

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I should be on a commission from Drift :)
Hudders gets the commission from my Drift purchase (although he then went and bought the Go Pro), you can have the Hama commission though :thumbup:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
We've just started selling Go Pro cameras at the bike shop that I work in, to be completely honest I couldn't say that the quality of the files they produce are any better than other cameras out there but I will say that they are a true "system" camera, the range of accessories available for these cameras is huge from chest mounts to fork mounts to helmet to, well, lots of options really. Not cheap but very flexible in use.

One other thing, just before Christmas I had a chap come in for a cyclescheme quote, the company that he works for is an offshoot of ITV that supplies cameras for ITV shoots, one of the perks of the job he said, was if he ever needs a few video cameras he just signs out a handful of Go Pro's so if they're good enough for ITV...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I went for the DogCam Bullet. Very small. Recharges when pluggecd into computer. 720hd. Up to 32gig micro SD card holds 2 hours of Vid. I'm pleased with it.
BUT no playback screen so you have to download to see what youve shot. On-off button is a bit imprecise so you have to remove glove to start stop

Dirt road Turkey Honda XL200.MOV - YouTube

1 - 8 of 8 Posts