·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is a '96 AT.

Should I choose the Vario Screen:

Or the Vario Touring Screen?:

(Both pics are for the AT)

I'm 1.75 metres and need more wind protection but wouldn't like to increase the "back-of-the-helmet" wind presence, specially with a passenger...

Are there any less expensive options on the market?

Help, please. If I'm going to burn this much €€€€s on a screen, I might as well get the right one.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello stanger (;)),

I've tested a few of them: standard Honda, Ermax (French), Secdem, another Secdem and MRA...

I have the one at the top, I'm 1.85, and can only recommend it !

:thumb:

·
2,701 Posts
MRA Vario Screen is the best accesory i ever bought for my @. Totally transformed the ride comfort. :thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I vote for the first one as well.

·
Timid biker
187 Posts
The Vario Screen does the job fairly well for me, too. I'd still be interested to find out what a screen a further inch or two higher might be like at motorway speeds, but when set at maximum height it is hugely better for me than the original screen.

·
Registered
286 Posts
as you may have guessed from the answers, experience comes first :D

The only slight problem is that, apparently, none of us have tried both.

I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with any of them, mind you though that the main advantage of the vario is that the gap between the two pieces of the screen has for effect to cancel head movements & noises.

The advantege of the second one over the vario is its price. And its advantage over other screens is its deflector. However, this one will not prevent from the (in)famous air pressure behing the helmet for there is not hole or gap as the screen is made of one piece. I'm quite sur about this fact, a friend of mine has got it...

At the end of the day, I can tell you that the few extra bucks you'll pay for the vario are well worth it

Hoping that I'm clear enough,

good night & good luck,

Fabien

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fabien, merci bein for the great explanation.

I've made my mind, then. I'll go for the 1st one, but I must say I kinda prefer the looks of the second... too bad there isn't a combination of both... is there? :toothy2:

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
I've got the second version on my vara and now having had both (one on the AT and on the vara) I'd go for number 1 based on looks and performance / everyday use.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts