Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just put my A/T back together after a complete strip down, powder coat and rebuilt but i am having problems with the clutch cable, which ever way i'am routing it it seems to long and i can't get the slack out of it any suggestions PS I didn't remove it:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Pics always help. I have posted these before so your not the first to ask. Merry Xmas!

·
Toolbox
295 Posts

Pics always help. I have posted these before so your not the first to ask. Merry Xmas!
Hi,

are you certain this clutch cable has never been re-routed on the pic above? I am pretty sure the cable goes behind (i.e. from a driver´s view) the oil cooler and the upper engine mount, not in front of the mount next to the coolant hose, which looks to me a bit "uncomfortably positioned" against the frame-welded engine mount holder. I´ve just checked the original drawing in Honda´s workshop manual and it looks more like my way of routing, albeit I would not bet that I do it correctly either. Can´t post a pic here apparently, as one has to put the pics elsewhere on the web. I´m asking because I have dis- and reassembled my 07a last winter and made about 500 pics, which I am 3/4 through of adding English and German notes / instructions to and will make available to the public soon. If you´re sure that your way is the right way I´d appreciate permission to use that one pic in my collection.
Thanks, best regards and happy holidays!
Chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hi,

are you certain this clutch cable has never been re-routed on the pic above? I am pretty sure the cable goes behind (i.e. from a driver´s view) the oil cooler and the upper engine mount, not in front of the mount next to the coolant hose, which looks to me a bit "uncomfortably positioned" against the frame-welded engine mount holder. I´ve just checked the original drawing in Honda´s workshop manual and it looks more like my way of routing, albeit I would not bet that I do it correctly either. Can´t post a pic here apparently, as one has to put the pics elsewhere on the web. I´m asking because I have dis- and reassembled my 07a last winter and made about 500 pics, which I am 3/4 through of adding English and German notes / instructions to and will make available to the public soon. If you´re sure that your way is the right way I´d appreciate permission to use that one pic in my collection.
Thanks, best regards and happy holidays!
Chris
I'm quite sure that is the factory routing. Although I am the second owner of my AT I believe I was the first to replace the cable....and with the
route you see in the pics it fits perfect and adjustment is not an issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm quite sure that is the factory routing. Although I am the second owner of my AT I believe I was the first to replace the cable....and with the
route you see in the pics it fits perfect and adjustment is not an issue.

Many thanks for your reply, I have tried your route and still it's to long, perhaps a new one will cure it?:(

·
Toolbox
295 Posts
@ grahew: I have spent significant time to figure out how to send private messages to other members but have miserably failed. If you wish, send me a mail to briefkasten at detroitinfo de and I´ll send you a scan of the routing scheme from the original Honda manual. If you have not soaked the cable with CCEF, there is no reason why it should be too long all of a sudden. Why don´t you just post some pics of your current attempt here and we´ll try to sort it out this way?
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
@ grahew: I have spent significant time to figure out how to send private messages to other members but have miserably failed. If you wish, send me a mail to briefkasten at detroitinfo de and I´ll send you a scan of the routing scheme from the original Honda manual. If you have not soaked the cable with CCEF, there is no reason why it should be too long all of a sudden. Why don´t you just post some pics of your current attempt here and we´ll try to sort it out this way?
Cheers
Chris
Chris my email address gra dot hew at virgin dot net

thanks

Graham

·
Toolbox
295 Posts
@GSPD750: Would you mind me using the upper two pics you posted in this thread for my AT rebuild pictures project? I won´t be re-routing my clutch cable anytime soon as my (slightly different) routing works and I don´t need to freeze my behind off to get it done right now, but I´d like to include the correct version in the project right away. I´ll make the 500+ pics available on the web in a reduced format (as the volume will otherwise exceed my monthly traffic volume if 10 or more people per month download the stuff) as well as in full format through snail mail to everyone who sends a DVD and a SASE.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
@GSPD750: Would you mind me using the upper two pics you posted in this thread for my AT rebuild pictures project? I won´t be re-routing my clutch cable anytime soon as my (slightly different) routing works and I don´t need to freeze my behind off to get it done right now, but I´d like to include the correct version in the project right away. I´ll make the 500+ pics available on the web in a reduced format (as the volume will otherwise exceed my monthly traffic volume if 10 or more people per month download the stuff) as well as in full format through snail mail to everyone who sends a DVD and a SASE.

Thanks
Chris
No problem for me if you would like to use those pics. More in the attached link if your interested.

RD07A - GSPD750's Photos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts