Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone on here got a bike which i could use for a week or two???
I looked into car hire(Mucho money)and public transport(not enough hours in a day) so that will not work
AS my beloved GSA eaten another final drive and it seems i was sort of ripped of by the previous owner of South London Motorrad(Yes the replaced the drive on goodwill but MY customer contribution is nowhere to be seen on the paperwork which means i got no warranty:(),i got no transport to work.
I can NOT offer any money as i need that to probably buy another drive.New SLM owners are trying to get something out of BMW customer service but its not looking to good:(
Just thought i try my luck on here
Cheers

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Of course.

Come and get the zebra. Seriously. Unless you'd prefer something smaller.;)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Actually Pete, I can deliver if you promise to pillion me back home again. Or I can deliver to close to your London work and get the DLR back to Lewisham.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course.

Come and get the zebra. Seriously. Unless you'd prefer something smaller.;)
Dont you need it to go to work and out and about???
I could tell you it will be parked safely but then who would try to steal it:D
Thanks Chris i appreciate your offer:thumbup:
at least it would not be far from home as i work at the O2 now

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Chris you really are a decent bloke despite your nationality aren't you :D
Nothing unusual on this forum. Don't forget, Meesh lent me her DR when my knee was too weak to cope with the @.

Anyway, Pete has already had a clutch cable of mine. he was planning to take the whole bike piece by piece. This just speeds up the process.:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Dont you need it to go to work and out and about???
I could tell you it will be parked safely but then who would try to steal it:D
Thanks Chris i appreciate your offer:thumbup:
at least it would not be far from home as I work at the O2 now
There are three bikes in the garage, Pete, I'll survive. Can you get into the O2 and I'll meet you there. Can do tomorrow morning.

Or I can be at yours Saturday morning, or Sunday morning.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are three bikes in the garage, Pete, I'll survive. Can you get into the O2 and I'll meet you there. Can do tomorrow morning.

Or I can be at yours Saturday morning, or Sunday morning.
I am working nights on Sat so maybe we could meet at 6pm at the O2 and Deb could give you a lift back
or Saturday morning i pick it up from yours?

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
pete - I have a 600 transalp sitting doing nothing at the moment if you want to use it.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I am working nights on Sat so maybe we could meet at 6pm at the O2 and Deb could give you a lift back
or Saturday morning i pick it up from yours?
Saturday afternoon I am at a conference in London. No idea what time I will get away. So that blows that out.

Two options.

1. Come to me before 11am on Saturday as I have to leave about then, - actually hell with that Kate will be around come when you feel like it (just let Kate know) and I will leave the keys with her,

or

2. If you can find a nearby DLR station on Sunday morning you'll be able to get to Lewisham. I am a ten minute walk away (I'll stick a post if Java on) or can meet you at the station.

You have your own givi top box. If I leave the power lead for the Garmin Zumo in can up bring your mount?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
pete - I have a 600 transalp sitting doing nothing at the moment if you want to use it.
Or I can pillion you down to Sean's, whichever your prefer.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Sean but i prefer something which blends in more.Not something where everyone stops and stares:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well done Wheelie at least he can ride a reliable bike for once:toothy2:
What you mean:confused::confused::confused:
My bike goes like clock work.A final drive every 13000 miles:(

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Well done Wheelie at least he can ride a reliable bike for once:toothy2:
None of that ...

(check left)

(check right)

... German rubbish.:hitler:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
600 transalp

or my subtle understated tenere 660, ( you know the one, the one that wouldnt start but only cost a can of easy start rather than £1400 every 13000 miles.....)

up to you.....

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saturday afternoon I am at a conference in London. No idea what time I will get away. So that blows that out.

Two options.

1. Come to me before 11am on Saturday as I have to leave about then, - actually hell with that Kate will be around come when you feel like it (just let Kate know) and I will leave the keys with her,

or

2. If you can find a nearby DLR station on Sunday morning you'll be able to get to Lewisham. I am a ten minute walk away (I'll stick a post if Java on) or can meet you at the station.

You have your own givi top box. If I leave the power lead for the Garmin Zumo in can up bring your mount?
If you dont mind i would come and pick it up Sat morning lets say 9am???
Wont need the sat nav ,yep i am good for a top box cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts