Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a bike any make/model considered for a mate who has just been told that the vfr he has just bought if naff and is going to cast up to £2000 to be fixed. he bought it from another mate who has told him its his problem now and not to call him again (nice mate) so am looking for anything to get him back on the road. he has about £500 to play with so if anybody hears of anything going can they let me know and i will pass it on to him

thanks in advance

Derek

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
what on earth would cost £2000 to fix?

Get down the breakers, get on ebay
when my 3yr old triumph ate its engine just the parts would have been £2200 plus VAT, triumph gave them to me in embarressment. still cost me £700 labour though

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys apparently it’s a problem with the wiring loom and the whole lot needs replacing. Phil thanks will let him know and get back to you :thumbup:

Thanks Derek

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks guys apparently it’s a problem with the wiring loom and the whole lot needs replacing. Phil thanks will let him know and get back to you :thumbup:

Thanks Derek
if you are handy with the spanners the wiring loom can be replaced quite easily.

I stripped a vfr750fl down to a bare chassis and rebuilt it with just a haynes manual for guidance. They are fairly simple to work on being an older gen bike and not mass centralised microscopic things.(i'm assuming it's not a vtec vfr here)

I'd be down the breakers getting second hand bits.....then round to the ex mates for the slapping session:thumbleft:

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does he want my ZZR600?

Thanks Phil can you pm me your phone no so i can arrange a date and time to pop over with my mate he is interested but wants to have a look first

I would pm you but my subs has run out and i have only just renewed

ta
Derek :thumbup:

L

·
0 Posts
Can I remind people that un-subbed members may only respond directly to the original poster and only in relation to his request.

I've deleted a few WANTED/for sale ads in this thread. If you wish to place a wanted/for sale ad it must be in it's own thread.

If responding directly to the OP then please quote the post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts