Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a disc lock for Africa Twins as I've brought a Mammoth shackle disc lock and it won't fit. image.jpg

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Now you've bought it. Use it on the rear sprocket ! I do,doesn't get too oily once you get used to putting it through, and I always think it'll put "Oiks" off fiddlin' with it down there too. :thumbup:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried that but the black plastic bit can't move up enough to lock. :(

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Thanks- where do you attach it too? I couldn't get mine on the front disc due to the spokes getting in the way.
MIne goes on my Varadero and my Gasgas so you shouldn't have any problems fitting it.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use a Zena disc lock, fits a treat and even has a built in alarm. If I rememember correctly it's the XN 15 model.
Rick

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a Zena disc lock, fits a treat and even has a built in alarm. If I rememember correctly it's the XN 15 model.
Rick
I'm now looking at the Zena XX10 to attach to the big hole on the AT front disc. It's 46mm from the edge of the disc to the hole and the lock is 46mm from the inside edge to the pin. Not sure if its going to be too tight. image.jpg

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Tried that but the black plastic bit can't move up enough to lock. :(

Cut it off :thumbright:

That's what I did to my Oxford lock, got the old Stanley knife out, paired back a bit, job's a good un :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
I did think about a disc lock but in the end i drilled out one of my outer front disk holes and used a square vending machine alley padlock with a rotating pin , awesome padlock its taken me 20 mins with a 1mm 4" disc cutter to get in it, the alley binds the disc up throwing it out all the time ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts