Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an FMX, i have owned it for about 5 years. I use it mainly for work come rain or shine, sleet or snow all year round. Unfortunately the rear rim has seen better days and is showing signs of rot at the valve hole and spoke holes. I cannot find a rear wheel or rim for that matter. Does anybody have a 32 hole rim 4 to 4.25 inches wide or a full wheel at reasonable price (remember it is only used for work). If I cannot find anything at a reasonable price I will need to go down the route of hagon with a new rim.
Alan

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello, I have an FMX, i have owned it for about 5 years. I use it mainly for work come rain or shine, sleet or snow all year round. Unfortunately the rear rim has seen better days and is showing signs of rot at the valve hole and spoke holes. I cannot find a rear wheel or rim for that matter. Does anybody have a 32 hole rim 4 to 4.25 inches wide or a full wheel at reasonable price (remember it is only used for work). If I cannot find anything at a reasonable price I will need to go down the route of hagon with a new rim.
Alan
Can't help you there except to say, when I faced a similar situation with my Dommie rear wheel I went to Hagon for a rebuild. Okay, a bit more than I wanted to spend on my trusty rusty rain or shine commuting and cocking about bike but these things are so old now, getting used parts in decent condition is a lottery.

Having said that, I did later get a front wheel from a breaker in Lithuania via eBay uk. Not in great nick but better than the rim I had with a split in it, plus it arrived in less than a week.

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts