Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help ! I am building an RD07A from parts of two bikes. Does anyone have photos of all the rubber pipework and where to connect it. Also photos of the wire attachments to the coils , just to make sure I dont wire up wrong.
Finally I have a small metal part about 50mm long ,looks like a bracket but I dont know where it goes unknown item.jpg

Thank you for helping

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi GSPD750

Thank you for agreat reply. I have been using cookie's fantastic post for the last week and it has been very useful. The only thing I can't see is which colour wire to put on each connect of the coils and he doesnt quite have the right photo.

I also looked at the parts link you sent but cant find the little bracket. I guess I need to spend some time on it. But those drawings and cookies post on carbs should do the trick.
Now all I am missing is a swingarm rod connector - the "u" shaped thingie. Can probably get one made up over here in Florida.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hi GSPD750

Thank you for agreat reply. I have been using cookie's fantastic post for the last week and it has been very useful. The only thing I can't see is which colour wire to put on each connect of the coils and he doesnt quite have the right photo.

I also looked at the parts link you sent but cant find the little bracket. I guess I need to spend some time on it. But those drawings and cookies post on carbs should do the trick.
Now all I am missing is a swingarm rod connector - the "u" shaped thingie. Can probably get one made up over here in Florida.

Thanks again
For a colour coded wiring diagram you may want a Haynes Manual.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I may have some photos that might help. I will have a look tomorrow computer off now. That little part if I'm not mistaken is clamper oil pressure switch cord. It is attaached by one of the short left side crankcase bolts and secures the oil pressure switch wire in place under the front sproket cover. Just realised I need to get out more.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Machiru,
A photo would be a great help, I will take the sprocket cover off.. re the coils- I can get the engine turning over but not firing. On the coils I have attached the black wire to the black post and the blue/yellow wire to the green post. Do you know if this is the right way around. again if you have a pic that would be fantastic. The Haynes manual wiring diagram doesn't give enough info on this !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, it was the clamper and it goes inside the cover together with that long metal part. Fantastic.

Ok, now for coil wires please, you are obviously brilliant but you do need to get out more often !!:p

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
yep, friendly lot here, learnt loads. We did get out for a blast today, ####ing freezing & windy....should stay in more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard about the weather, know it well, used to live in Sheffield!
Rock on global warming :p
I'm looking forward to getting my at going , it's almost an obsession

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yep, tis grim up North at the mo'.

2 ATs in the US, thought they were a bit thin on the ground there, you found a secret stash?

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Isn't there a colour coded bit at the base of the spade connectors on the coil?
Can't speak specifically for the AT but there normally is something - Honda don't normally leave these things to pure guesswork ;)

Edit: just re-read your post, that sounds right

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, there is a colour at the base of the spade and thats why I thought black to black. But when I turned the engine over (no fuel) I got a slight smell of electrical . Now this is weird because apart from the spades on the coils there is really nothing else you can incorrectly connect. I had already tested lights/indicators / brakes and they all functioned perfectly so i am at a loss. Your 02 transalp should be the same. The other thing I cant figure is all these rubber pipes. I am thinking I have a few that dont belong!. It was boxed up by a mechanic and I have lost some parts and maybe gained some!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello again

Checked the coil colours on my 99, you have them correct. Mine has black and white to the black colour post, blue and yellow to the blue/green post, can't really be more help on the electrical troubleshooting.

Regarding all the rubber pipes I think the only way (if you can't identify them from the manual) would be to post up individual photos. I have just rebuilt mine so should recognise most bits :clown:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good idea machiru. I see you are in liverpool. Ever go to Cuffs pub in wavertree?

The first image i am holding in my left hand comes from the bottom of each carb and has two ends, one might fit on the tank. the second image is a straight pipe which happens to fit the fuel tank and would be a vent to the bottom maybe.
the third image with the ruler was stuck in to the end of the pipe from the fuel filter (shown in last image). Dont know why as it will not fit anything and might be surplus. The fourth image is a "y" - maybe it fits on the bottom of the tank and one end neatly fits in a brackett on the cross member. IMG_two.JPG IMG_five.JPG IMG_one.JPG IMG_three.JPG IMG_four.JPG The final image is the fuel filter end which will go to the tank.

I am also looking for the U shaped linkage that attaches to the swing arm if you know of one kicking around!

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
pic 1, 2x carb overflow pipes & the larger 1 goes up towards the airbox/carbs (cant remember if it just seats in the plastic pipe holder, open ended) they should all join a tube that runs horizontal, next to the petrol, then bend downwards to the floor.

pic 2, tank breather, when replacing tank, it just falls vertically to the floor

pic 3/4 ? my rdo7a is missing 1 or 2 pipe extensions too, runs fine. the big clear tube (2 pieces & a plastic connector & an end bung) in pic 4 should be connected to the front outlet on the airbox, (condensation drain pipe?) and fall to the floor.

all the breather/overflow pipes should run on the left hand side of the bike, being threaded through a guide? at the bottom of the frame. see pic you'll figure it out

xrv frame.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Like that man said beat me to it. These two pics might help for the carb overflow/breathers.

DSC03202.jpg the drain just leads behind the engine and down as already stated.

DSC03160.jpg
The two pipes leading upwards attach as shown. The forward one connects to a black plastic link piece between the two carb bodies. the rear one is open ended and is held by the small plastic clip. Dirt is entirely optional:p

In your picture 4 the end your holding heads down. the two pipes from the y piece are ok as is one is held in the frame clip, the other attaches to the small spigot on the bottom of the fuel tank ie there are two pipes connected to the bottom of the fuel tank in addition to the fuel tap.

Don't venture onto wavetree high street much, if i allowed out I usually end up in the Willowbank on Smithdown Rd. You seem to have an good knowledge of south liverpool boozers for a Floridian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow both you guys are fantastic, I owe you a beer or two (even the warm English kind).

Actually I'm a kiwi. A company I work for owns it, and I visit when I can because I have a Kiwi mate in Liverpool !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could that be the front sprocket retaining bracket. I replaced my front sprocket recently and the bracket looked something like that. Regards. NC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts