Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help please , following my off in december i have started to get my Twin ready for her first outing, after various jobs i replaced an indicator front N/S fired her up and everything was fine , i tried the replaced indicator and as soon as i did, silence :(:(:( , totally cut out, no ignition lights , nothing. checked fuse box , all seem ok. It is possible i connected the indicator the wrong way round, i swapped the wires and checked if they worked by arming the alarm , sure enough it worked.

Any advice on what i need to check next ???

Woe is me :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
does any electric system work, apart from the alarm? if not, start at battery (ie full charge, good terminal connections, esp. the earth and cable to starter solenoid, then fuse at solenoid, and then check live supply at fuse box)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that , will try in the morning , one good thing about the accident is the 6 weeks off work , lots of time to spend on the Twin !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem found , box connectors under the airbox , a bloody loose connection that i fixed 2 months ago, god damn i good at electrics :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

O

·
0 Posts
There now that reads better :D:D:D

I hate leccy's they've always got to be "just right"
Bit like Wimmen then ! :D

On the leccy front i wld advise anyone to chuck dem £2.99 crimpin pliers ya got off market (or paid a Tenner for in Halfords :confused:)

And invest in some propa ratchet ones !! Being a jammy git a PR agency that worked for me in my previous life also worked for some electrical components manufacturer & after havin them for evaluation gave them to Meeeeee :thumbleft: But i couldnt believe HOW WELL they do the job wiv dem bullets N Spades !!

·
Registered
174 Posts
don't use bullets and spades...

use heat shrink or don't bother - I work in the motorsport industry and those bullets and spades even with those nice ratchet crimpers will eventually fail - motorbikes are not nice environments for electrics

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Donkster

Don't you use the heatshrink over bullet or spade connectors, don't you need to connect the wires with something first before sealing them up :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts