Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one ,
This is my second post for help on this subject ,could some 700 owner please respond,

What i need to know is this,- when looking at the two top clamps that hold the handle bars on there are little punch marks one on each clamp and i need to know if both punch marks are fitted to the top facing forward , i am asking as i have just had my head race bearings adjusted at the dealers and i think they have fitted one of the clamps upside down,
Thanks to any 700 owner who takes the time to have a look and get back to me
Thanks,
ian.:(

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I'm not a 700 owner but I'll respond anyway...

It is usual for the dot to be forward facing. The front bolts are tightened first to the correct torque. The rear ones are then tightened. The clamps are not symmetrical so putting them on wrong and tightening them in the wrong order can overstress the bolts.

This is the sort of basic stuff that puts me off using dealers. You pay for the job to get done and then have to double-check everything anyway so you may as well do it yourself.

Either do it yourself or take it back to the dealer so they can put the clamp on right and give the peckerhead who put it on wrong a corrective slap.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks to the members for that information,
clamp now fitted right way round, must say the handling has greatly improved with the bearings adjusted ,so the dealer must have done something right,
Thanks,
Ian.:)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi every one ,
This is my second post for help on this subject ,could some 700 owner please respond,

What i need to know is this,- when looking at the two top clamps that hold the handle bars on there are little punch marks one on each clamp and i need to know if both punch marks are fitted to the top facing forward , i am asking as i have just had my head race bearings adjusted at the dealers and i think they have fitted one of the clamps upside down,
Thanks to any 700 owner who takes the time to have a look and get back to me
Thanks,
ian.:(
All dots facing forwards that the same on my Varadero and XR and GASgas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts