Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi bought a honda xl with a cg125 engine registered with v5 etc says cg125 on the vin plate is it legit any ideas as to what i can do only stands me @ £50 didn't run now it does nice bike want to use it on the road:confused:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It is quite possible that the engine is the same.
The CG125 engine was used in some XL's as it is a bulletproof motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks or reply engine is smaller has some brackets to make it fit wondered on the legality of the cg125 vin plate may have been a scrambler registered for the road ?cheers Nick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Ballores,

Do you realise you've started a new thread each time you've asked the same question? Not really a problem but you could just carry on with the same thread and it will keep bringing the topic back up to the top.

With regard to your questions though, is it presenting a problem with the MOT or taxing? If not, I wouldn't worry too much. Just use it and have some fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers Bill would i insure it as a honda xl 125 wondered what model has twin shocks single seat and the crosser strap on lights 1982 vintage itching to have a ride :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
cheers Bill would i insure it as a honda xl 125 wondered what model has twin shocks single seat and the crosser strap on lights 1982 vintage itching to have a ride :)
I think the best thing you can do is to take a decent picture, put it onto Photobucket or similar, and then insert it into this forum thread. What you describe sounds like a hybrid of two or three Hondas or some Australian outback farm bike.

Look forward to seeing a picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts