Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I managed to drop my 1992 XRV 750 - yep careless - and I snapped the bar that holds the front indicators. I have been quorted a vile price from the agents and I would like to source a cheaper replacement. I am in Hong Kong but there is post and anyway the replacement needs to come from Japan as it is! Any help gratefully received. Thanks

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Hello.

It is possible to buy used front subframes, sometimes they are cheap, occasionally they can be expensive, but certainly all the USED ones I've purchased in the past have been slightly bent. It's always the first thing to get damaged if you drop the bike and don't have crash bars fitted.

Obviously a new one would be 100% straight, but why not try and repair the one you have? A good metal fabricator could bend and weld it correctly for you.

Failing that, check what is available on www.ebay.de as this is a good ssource of Africa Twin parts.

Good Luck

Bob :thumbup:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
I'd go the welding route - I needed my exhaust welded up after it developed a crack, £20 and a day later and it was done and it looks no different - good welder!

You might have to strip it all down but it has to came apart at some point.

Good luck.

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
If you know the part number you can check on david silver,s site here to see if you are being ripped off over there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for that - site looks excellent but does not appear to list any XRV spares ... only Transalp - unless I have missed something.:rolleyes:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,027 Posts
Cheers for that - site looks excellent but does not appear to list any XRV spares ... only Transalp - unless I have missed something.:rolleyes:
You must've missed it, definitely there.:thumbup:

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
i managed to bend mine back into shape perfectly using a bench vice, some heat and a bit of luck.... they are an expensive part to obtain, which is why i went down the route i did..

good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the most excellent site and I just hope I am able to help others at some point. Thanks all - I am VERY impressed - I knew I always wanted an Africa Twin and now I know why!

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
Muggins100 post up some pictures of the damage and someone will be abel to comment on the best route to go down...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts