Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Took all those hundreds of pics of the @T during the strip down and didn't take a picture of where this plug goes.. Doh.

Hopefully just getting to the end of the rebuild. Water and oil in there and had the exhaust back yesterday. So, seeing light at the end of the tunnel but this wire is just dangling there taunting me and I cant seem to figure out where it goes or how its tracked. I do know it goes around the front of the engine but that's as far as the pictures go.

Your expertise would be appreciated her peeps.

Cheers

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I'm guessing the right one is from the generator, so will just have yellow wires in it.

The left hand one will be the one to the pulse coils, so should somehow find their way to the CDI. It ain't got a chance of starting without connecting this one as it tells the CDI when to make the coils send a spark!! Colours on the plug end will correspond with those where you plug it into the loom, and knowing Honda, the plug will be keyed so it cannot possibly be plugged into the wrong place.

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
For those of you viewing in nothing more than "Black & White", my avatars are always full of colour (and never naked!) :D hi bob, your Avators are great, i see you put a lot of thought in to them, some are very refreshing to the eye, keep up the good work. :thumbup::D:D
(Sorry not sure where the wire goes)

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
ahhhhh..... that'll be your Flugel Valve and Dangle Whatsit!

......sorry no idea but you must have expected the torrent you are going to get for that post!! ;):D:D

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I believe it runs up the side of the engine, through a couple of cable clips, and into the bank of three connections next to the regulator/rectifier.

Will try and check tomorrow.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Embarrased dick-**** here guys.

Checked whe I got home and found I'd already connected the wire pictured.. :joker: (it goes to the bunch of connectors in front of the airbox which is attached to the carbs)

I have a loose black plug that's been bothering me which is where I got confused. Looked at the wiring diagram in my Haynes and discovered it goes to sensor in the petrol tank (which is still sitting on the floor waiting for me to finish all the other little jobs that need to be sorted before the attempt to start her). No wonder its just sitting there doing nothing currently.

Going back to my dark corner now..

Thanks for all the reply's tho guys.

Mike

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
No worries, just don't spend half an hour looking for the spanner you have in your hand.:D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi bro, Not a problem about this weekend. Went down to M&P's this afternoon to buy a new security lock and chain.

I started her in November I think but there's been hold-up's with suppliers and service providers and so on. The actual strip doesn't take too long and most of the time on the rebuild is taken with repairing and re-fabricating certain aspects (like the exhaust pipe). I spent as many hour every day as I could trying to get things moving. Guess its how much time have you got really, because if your prepared to really get stuck in and are a bit more organized than myself (cleaning and prepping) as you strip, you should be able to get it done much quicker than i took.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts