Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just recently aquired an 93' XR650L and it didn't run well initially. Symptoms where popping once in a while while driving, but also when standing still, dropping gas to idle, it ran for around 15 secs and then one pop in the exhaust and boom stop :) I reckoned it was running to lean, so i adjusted the fuelscrew out 1/2 turn, but not much difference. I then checked how much the screw was initially set to by turning it all the way in counting turns. I found only 1-1.5 turns. I then turned it out 2 turns from bottom. The idle increased a bit and much less popping from exhaust. The problem arised after when i started adjusting on the idlespeed screw (The 45 deg positioned and long screw??) What happended then was that there was an increase in idle when adjusting it inwards, but after i asjusted it outwards the idle didnt decrease. And worse, now as all is set, i can get it stable at idle RPM wise, but as soon as i open the throttle, engine runs off (3500 RPM) and can't get it down so need to push kill button. I dont really know what to do now. First of i would like to know that i can adjust outwards the idlescrew without anything bad happening to lower the RPM. If it at all does...Please help me on this

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts